Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-02-2024, 06:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Finding Rooftop Satellite Connections 2018 Forza 34T

2018 Winnebago Forza 34T

I am trying to find where the rooftop satelite would connect. I found the portable connector in the power/shore bay but cannot seem to locate the rooftop connector anywhere. My Forza 34T is wired inside for both and has connections by the tv. Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated!

TheoB
TheoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 08:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

On my 2015 Vista 27N there was a sticker on the roof near the front cap that indicated where to drill a hole in the Filon roof outer layer to access two coax ends, one that went to the Sat TV jack on the panel in the front and another that went to the sat TV jack in the bedroom.

You can go on winnebago's web site and access the electrical drawings for your particular year and model. One of those drawings will document the TV Coax wiring.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 06:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago diagrams

I have been all through the diagrams and they simply don't show the location. They have helped me with a bunch of other tasks, repairs, and upgrades but failed me here.

Thanks for the feedback!
TheoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 05:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Winnebago Customer Service can find out for you, if they want to do the work. The channels and cutouts in the roof styrofoam were made by following drawings created by Winnebago engineers that were used to program computer controlled routers that cut the channels and cutouts. There is a round pocket cut that is about 1 1/2" across at the end of a side channel close to the front cap of the roof. The two coax in my Vista were in that pocket. I installed a Winegard Trav'ler and it came with a square plastic piece with coax slots on the side of it that you used to cover the hole and be able to seal and weather strip it. On my Vista it was right on the center line of the roof. There was also an engineering drawing that was used to make a jig that a factory worker places on the roof to apply the "drill hole here" sticker in the right place on the roof.

Good luck.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I re-read your original post. Were you looking for where the inside connection for the roof top sat is? If so then look for a wall plate that looks like this right at the location where Winnebago thought someone would put their Sat Receiver ... In my RV this is in the panel right behind where I put my Dish sat rcvr.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 6.56.41 PM.png
Views:	14
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	189327  

Tags
roof, satellite