Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2024, 02:10 PM   #1
Veteran RV Owner

LG TV Replacement 2016 Adventurer 37F

So, the 50” LG tv that came with the RV went bye bye to TV heaven! Bought a new 50” Samsung Smart TV to replace it.

Ran into a problem mounting it to the televator. The screw holes on the televator are wider than the TV mounting holes. I must be looking for an adaptor of some kind. Just not sure what it is called and where to get it.

Anyone run into this issue and found the adapter mounting plate? My coach model is in my signature block below.

Thanks!
armullis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 03:34 PM   #2
Site Team

The holes in the back of TVs is standardized. You're looking for a VESA mount sizing.

The holes on your old TV are standardized, too, but since Winnebago loves to make custom TV mounts from scratch their mount has only once hole pattern in their mount.

You need to figure out what hole pattern you have on the new TV and what you have on the old TV and look for an adapter. VESA mounts come in millimeter sized hole patterns i.e. 100x100mm or 150x150mm etc. The hole pattern is different for different TVs, usually by TV screen size.

It will be a plate that you bolt to the Televator mount and then connect that to the back of the new TV. Of course, there's nothing keeping you from drilling new mounting holes in the Televator mount, either.

It will be something like this - do you have a ruler to measure MM or use an inches to mm converter online:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vesa mount.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	188448  
Old 03-04-2024, 03:36 PM   #3
Veteran RV Owner

Ok,thanks. Gotta do some measuring then shopping!
Old 03-05-2024, 03:45 PM   #4
Veteran RV Owner

The Samsung 50” TV has a 200x200 vesa pattern and the TV holes use an M8 screw. Just need to measure the televator now!
Old 03-08-2024, 06:36 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

The new TV are lighter than older models and thus usually have a smaller mounting pattern and screw size. On my 2012 Itasca Suncruiser 37F, it was just a matter of drilling new holes in the Winnebago mounting bracket. A bigger problem was that the Winnebago bracket covered the connectors on the new TV. Mounting holes are standardized but connector locations aren't. I had to cut some major chunks out of the Winnebago bracket.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 07:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

As mentioned, how the connections fit can be a biggie that can require some cutting.
But the good part is that the material is often easy stuff to work!
when thinking of the screw size, that may not be a problem as I think of the screws as going into the rear of the TV. That makes it just drilling a hole that doesn't have to be tapped or really too precise, just as long as the screws will go through the hole and meet the tapped holes on the TV!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, vent, replace, ace, adventurer