Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old Today, 12:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

1998 winnebago itasca spirit city waterfill replacement

i have a 1998 itasca spirit that needs the city waterfill replaced because it is broken. i contacted winnebago and they have discontinued this part and no replacement. The only replacements i find have the wrong connection to the rv line. They are all males and i need a female end. any suggestions?
TracyGAgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

That's one that is not well done in the parts as they do not show any pictures for us to look over. Is this anything you have out and might tank a picture of to give us a chance to look it over?
Go here for posting instructions!
Post number 8?
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...lp-349894.html
Or as an alternate can you tell us more about that port? Is it a metal looking flap that sticks out some from the wall or is it flatter to the wall and you stick the hose in?

There are some adapters for different hose sizes but how much you need to get of the hose to connect them may be a problem!
I found two different tanks setups on that year and model but depends which floorplan you have. Plumbing drawings are here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm
This is one but may not match your RV but the parts are the same on the port!
Click theses snips to see better or go direct for the big picture of things!
Click image for larger version

Name:	itas.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	190047
Something like this but maybe not the correct one?
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank fill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	190048
So is the port part male and the tube slips over it? Or the other way and the tube fits inside the port?

My idea is that if you can get to the tube well enough, maybe pull it out far enough, then a fitting of some sort added to change the end might be what is needed. In electrical those are called "gender benders"!! Got a size for the tube? Does the small tube need change as well. It vents air out of the tank to make filling work better.
Give us more info and we might go looking for something??

Welcome to the group if nobody has said that yet!!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, itasca, replace, replacement, water, winnebago