Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-30-2023, 04:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2006 Journey 35H water heater leaking

Hi all! I know I'm asking a lot here, but I'm desperate! I'm parked at a place where it would be difficult to take my RV into a tech, so I'm going to attempt to resolve this myself. I have a lot of experience with mechanics (aircraft mechanic for 8 years) I just need guidance or instructions.

I have a severe leak from underneath my Winnebago Journey 2006 35H. I've attached a pictures. I've searched the internet and can't find where I can access the water heater. I've watched videos of people changing the entire tank, but they are on RV's that have an easy access panel on the exterior of the RV. It looks like my water tank is behind the propane heater panel (in picture)? And, it looks like there might be an access panel underneath the water heater, but there is a line of screws where it is leaking (pictured).

It is possible that because of an accidental high pressure water situation that the tank is busted or has completely rusted out. I rinsed out the inside of the tank, replaced the drain plug, and installed an anode in 2021. I'm worried that because I didn't use a pressure regulator at one of my stops that it blew out my tank. In addition, I have a leak at the city water inlet, but it's leaking behind the panel. Does anyone have a step-by-step manual/instructions/video on how to replace the tank on this specific make/model and how to access the back of the city water inlet valve?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3568.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	187441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3566.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	187442  

EJsWinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 04:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I am not going to be much help, however I did have a tech. look at mine the other day due to an electrical issue. Anyway that pannel you are talking about, take it off as it will show you the back of the heater and some other heater components.

Just a thought if your heater is like mine (07 meridian) you will have water lines coming from the enqine cooling system. That heats the tank water while traveling. You may have a leak at one of those connections.

Good luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, heater, water heater, water, journey, heat