Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2024, 02:33 PM   #1
JTR
Winnebago Camper

2016 Via 25T Water Heater Breaker

Can anyone tell me where I might find the water heater circuit breaker to my 2016 Via 25T?
I've looked in the main electrical panel. There's nothing there for water heater. There is nothing on the unit itself that I could find.
It's hard for me to believe that there's not a circuit breaker.
JTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 02:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Are you looking for 110AC or 12 volt ?
AC is often used for heating but 12 volt may be used for controls when using propane.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 03:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Unsure of which build early with a serial number with 7th digit of 1 or later with a 2, so I looked at early build for this info! Be aware there may have been changed if you have a 2 in serial number.
Click this snip for better view!
This is the path from breaker to load shedder and heater. Not a case where load has been shed to cut off power while microwave is used? If microwave still works, it likely is not the breaker they share!
Click image for larger version

Name:	via 1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	189267
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 04:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

On the Via the electric water heater element is shared with the microwave but they did not label the microwave breaker to include that information. To prevent the 20 amp circuit from overloading they installed a Automatic Energy Selection (AES) switch behind the breaker panel with the priority load being the microwave, so when the water heater is on and you switch on the microwave the AES automatically cuts power to the water heater till the microwave shuts off. They couldn't provide a separate breaker because for one, the panel is full up, and 2, if it did have it's own breaker this would allow too much current for the 30 amp service if the AC, microwave and water heater were all on at the same time..

If you turn on your water heater and microwave, then stop the microwave and listen by the breaker panel you will hear the AES click after a couple of seconds as it switches power to the water heater.

Funny thing before I knew about the AES we used to switch off the water heater before using the microwave whenever the AC was running, not knowing it was already being done for us automatically.

Tags
heater, water heater, water, heat