Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-21-2024, 11:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Finding Atwood Water Heater Part #96206

Attempting to replace a rusty burner tube on my Atwood 10gallon water heater. The manual calls for part # 96206. I'm finding that it may have been discontinued. I found it on one website and ordered only to have the order canceled as its not available.

When searching I see a part #93221 that says Atwood 10gallon but has no compatibility listed.

Anyone know if 93221 is compatible or know where I might find 96206?
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2024, 12:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Says in stock here:
https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/...assembly-93221
Also list compatible models to check? $43 may be a bit high.
If the right part, I then do a search for best price/shipping available! Some times there are real winners out there if I look!
EDIT!
Just did a bit of looking for prices? Example of what causes inflation? Maybe just needing to keep the profits up!
A jump from 33 to 43 looks like close to 25% !
Click image for larger version

Name:	part.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	190155
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2024, 01:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

That's the first listing for that part number I've seen with models listed. Unfortunately my GCH10a-4e isn't listed. It looks identical to the one I have.
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2024, 02:22 PM   #4
Site Team

Dometic bought Atwood and discontinued your water heater. But I agree that the *93221 part "should" fit. It's $36 on Amazon and Amazon takes returns. Buy it and try it. What have you got to lose:

https://www.amazon.com/Atwood-93221-.../dp/B004QMZIOQ
Old 10-21-2024, 03:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Another way to get into more comfort zone may also help?
If you have a manual for the Atwood, there is likely to be a breakdown of the model numbering and what each letter in that number means. I really think you will find this part will fit as the size and burner, etc will be the same. That is a guess based on little except that the main important things are first in the model numbers. The size is going to be the important item and that looks to be ten gallon on each number. The 10 is one I remember as size.
The added H in your number may be some feature that is different and then the same for the letters at the end.
I know the model changes if it is 12volt, 110AC and propane with lots of the last few letters involving small points, almost like the 7th digit in our RV serial numbers meaning it is a late or early year build.
You might find a manual online to verify the model number decoding or call one of the dealers and ask what new model number replaces the old?
A lot of the confusion we deal with on parts is simply due to us not doing it everyday and that might make it a simple item for the folks who do!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2024, 05:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Yeah I'm gonna roll the dice on the 93221. Will follow up after i get it to confirm or deny fitment

Tags
atwood, heater, water heater, water, heat