Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-23-2023, 11:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Fresh Water Pump Problem 2014 Vista 35F

The fresh water pump was working just fine. Buttoned up the water intake area to depart. Disconnected fresh water lines. sewer lines.
NOW THE FRESH WATER PUMP IS NOT PROVIDING WATER. IT RUNS BUT NO WATER. Any ideas why the pump will not pump water. THE PUMP COMES ON BUT NO WATER. Did not change a thing
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 12:19 PM   #2
Site Team

So, you run the pump when connected to City Water? It's not best practice to do that, but OK some folks do.

Do you have the City/Fill diverter on "Fill" by any chance? If so, that will make the pump run but not supply water properly. If so, put it back on "City."

Obviously, you have to have water in the Fresh Tank... you never mentioned that. But assuming you do. How much water is in the Fresh Tank?

There is a small plastic sediment filter on the inlet side of the pump. If it cracks, breaks or is unscrewed that can cause the pump to suck air instead of water.

Is there no water all all of the faucets? Sometimes folks only check the sink and if that's not working they don't check the other faucets. If it's one sink, check that the aerator on the faucet is not clogged with sediment.
Old 09-23-2023, 05:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If you forgot to turn the water valve from fill tank to normal after filling, this causes the water pump to pump water in a circle from and back into the storage tank..
Winnebago user manual, pages 77, 78 show the valve and positions.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 06:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Clarify: Everything hooked up (Water, sewer, electric) Using City Water not on board water. Then when we disconnected the water, dumped black tanks, disconnected the electric getting ready to leave. Went inside coach to wash hands and use on board water. Pump would run but no water. Checked the fill valve and in proper position. UPDATE Drove to next campground. While in route tried the pump and on board water and it worked. "Gremlins"
Old 09-28-2023, 05:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9jkfham View Post
Clarify: Everything hooked up (Water, sewer, electric) Using City Water not on board water. Then when we disconnected the water, dumped black tanks, disconnected the electric getting ready to leave. Went inside coach to wash hands and use on board water. Pump would run but no water. Checked the fill valve and in proper position. UPDATE Drove to next campground. While in route tried the pump and on board water and it worked. "Gremlins"
I suspect the pump and associated plumbing was empty, then driving movement allowed water to fill the plumbing and pump head.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-01-2023, 04:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Still Grimlins

On last 2 legs of trip home with everything disconnected the pump works but no water. The water valve is on normal and not fill. Could it be the fresh water lines are not full and I need to leave the fauchet valves open to see if water comes out after a few minutes? NOTE: I did change pumps 3 weeks ago as the old one stopped working altoghter.
Old 10-01-2023, 08:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9jkfham View Post
On last 2 legs of trip home with everything disconnected the pump works but no water. The water valve is on normal and not fill. Could it be the fresh water lines are not full and I need to leave the fauchet valves open to see if water comes out after a few minutes? NOTE: I did change pumps 3 weeks ago as the old one stopped working altoghter.
Yes you must open a faucet for RV water pumps to prime. It is made to pump water not compress air.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:36 AM   #8
Vita 24p

I had same problem with my water pump. Problem was a stuck check .
bmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 06:58 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

""FIXED" The problem was my fault...When I changed out the water pump I had to shut off a valve to behind the front panel to avoid water from running into the bay. After the repairs were made I completely forgot about the valve I had turned. (The valve is completely out of site and behind the panel") So once I returned the valve to the proper position all things are normal. You learn from mistakes.

Tags
fresh water, water, water pump