Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2024, 05:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Low water pressure only at kitchen faucet on 2011 Tour

I am experiencing extremely low water pressure (both hot and cold) from the kitchen faucet on my 2011 Tour 42qd. It appears to have been changed since it doesn't match the other faucets finish. Anyone had an issue when changing out the kitchen faucet on their Tour?
Doug Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 06:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Patton View Post
I am experiencing extremely low water pressure (both hot and cold) from the kitchen faucet on my 2011 Tour 42qd. It appears to have been changed since it doesn't match the other faucets finish. Anyone had an issue when changing out the kitchen faucet on their Tour?
Check the aerator, and if it is a pullout there is a backflow preventer that can clog, it's usually behind the head or further down in the flexible line. Also check your under sink filter if equipped.
Old 05-31-2024, 07:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Aerator is clean and looks brand new. It is a monen pull out. There is no under the sink filter connected to the faucet. I have unscrewed the faucet head and there is extremely low pressure coming out of the hose that connects to the faucet. I just purchased this Tour with 22,000 miles on it and am "working through" all the ISsUES with it. Typical for a motorhome. I'm not a plumber but a good handyman and this one has me stumped
Old 05-31-2024, 11:45 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi Doug,
Sounds like the next thing to check would be for restrictions in the water lines. Both lines would have needed to be pinched somewhere near the kitchen sink before the hot & cold lines diverge.
I wonder if you could check the line runs with an endoscope like this one?
Industrial Endoscope Borescope Camera with Light
Eagle5
Old 06-01-2024, 03:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

If your kitchen sink is on the slide out, I would look for a pinched lines. I had a different coach that had plumbing on the slide out and it was forever pinching the lines. The past owner may have put shut-off valves somewhere all so may want to look for those. As for changing out most will take the standard big box home kitchen faucet. I just had to change mine out as just after de-winterizing it decided to stop working.

Good Luck "hate plumbing"
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 05:38 PM   #6
ACB
Winnebago Owner

My 2022 Vista continually has low flow issues. I changed the fixture but a year later, same problem. We have very hard water in the southwest. I clean my tank and lines with a white vinegar solution several times a year and it works great. Maybe you have the same problem.

Hope helps and good luck .
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 06:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Can I ask a few questions to make sure we know what you have?
You mention Moen but does it have two supply lines going into the faucet and then one line feeding to the pullout?
Point I'm wondering about is where the mixing valve that mixes the cold and hot is located?
Looking at the parts catalog, I see no obvious point where both hot and cold lines would get crimped that would not also make the vanity faucet a problem.
Click this snip to get better view of what I see.
Click image for larger version

Name:	bad.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	189118
I feel like anything on the run to this area, like where the slide moves would be almost certain to change both faucets as they are on the same basic tubing run.

We don't have the correct faucet pictured due to the change.
But if the rest of this guess is correct, I would first suspect the cartridge in the faucet body.
Can you see a way to remove the handle, pull the bonnet off the faucet and get to the cartridge? I might guess a large "Crescent" style wrench to unscrew the bonnet and then wiggle the cartridge up?
Maybe hold a cup over the opening and turn the water back on (carefully!) to flush anything that might be hung in the line? But I really suspect a bad cartridge.

Without the cartridge in place, you should be able to get a flood out of the opening, so use care! Maybe a cup and a towel thrown over both to keep water off the ceiling?
It could be something in the line from base to pullout but that is a pretty straight shot, so I lean toward the cartridge as a problem???

If a cartridge is needed, I would assume the standard big box to have a Moen to fit.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 06:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I must agree with "bigb". I had same problem with faucet in head, remove aerator and looked good so spent time searching out other sources to the problem....... finally ended up changing aerator anyway and pressure returned to normal. I concluded that it doesn't take much to bung up the small holes..... the ovious and simplest fix is quite often the correct one. The aerator, by the way, was available at the local hardware store. Good LucK
Dbday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 06:47 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Doug did say that the flow was low even without the aerator. I did have a pullout one time where the back flow preventer was located in a snap together fitting where the pullout hose connects to the faucet under the sink, it was a push to connect fitting with a second plastic piece that fit over it to keep it connected. At least you could take this connection apart and check for flow there using a bucket.

I have rentals and it's always a challenge figuring out how different faucets are built kitchen sink faucet is very tiny and clogs easily but the one at the laundry sink is much larger and never clogs.
Old 06-12-2024, 08:32 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Low water pressure

Thank you to those who have responded to my post. I've been tied up with two other "issues" with this coach and haven't been able to get back to the low water pressure at the kitchen sin. When I get the chance I'll try the suggestions and see which one, if any, solve the problem. Please be patient, I promise to reply when I get to work on it again.
Thanks again,
Doug
Old 06-12-2024, 09:17 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

You likely have a kink in the line of the faucet itself. If you have a faucet that can be extended/retracted, it'll have a "weight" on the line below your sink. Have a look at how that's setup to ensure the line isn't squeezed/bent anywhere.
eatSleepWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 10:47 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatSleepWoof View Post
You likely have a kink in the line of the faucet itself. If you have a faucet that can be extended/retracted, it'll have a "weight" on the line below your sink. Have a look at how that's setup to ensure the line isn't squeezed/bent anywhere.
This must be it! Excellent!!!
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 07-30-2024, 04:33 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I finally got around to attempting to fix the low water pressure at the kitchen sink in my 2011 Tour. Thank all of you who provided suggestions as to what might be causing the issue. As stated in a previous post, I had removed the aerator and still had little water pressure at this faucet. One of the replies suggested a possible backflow diaphragm also in the faucet hose itself. That is what I found and removal of this diaphragm solved the low pressure issue. I just want to thank all of those who responded to my post about this issue. Using your suggestions I was able to resolve the issue. Thanks again to all who helped me with this issue.

Doug Patton

Tags
water