Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2024, 03:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Member, 2017 Travato 59K water leak

New member , wanted information on if anyone has repaired a water leak behind the shower wall driver’s side on 2017 travato 59k . I need a video or instructions on removing the wall or gain access for repairs. If there is a tread already please direct me to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9485.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	189865  
Gaby2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 05:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Water leak

Can you pinpoint where the leak appears to be coming from. Left side, middle or right. Have you checked behind toilet to rule that out. I’m curious as I have a 2017 also. Travato John.
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 07:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

2017 trabajo 59k water leak

I checked the water line to the toilet it’s not leaking, the leak is coming from behind the wall behind the toilet , where the bathroom sink is ,as in the attached picture . I have attach the picture that shows all the water lines and connections that are behind the wall. I hope this gives you a better idea of the wall I’m talking about.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9493.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	189867  
Old 09-12-2024, 08:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

There is another really great site which may be very helpful as it is an interactive site that lets us get a really good look at things like plumbing as we can turn, zoom and choose all kinds of ways to get a better view of what's hiding in there!
https://catalog.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

No experience with the Travato but I might think getting the panels off is really tricky. I'm guessing getting them off will first involve getting many of the fittings off!

I tend to like to gather as much info as possible when going into unknown things like this. I might try to figure exactly when and what makes the leak happen.
Is it when you put water down the drain or is it when we use the cold but not the hot, etc. as that can cut the potential leaker suspects!

If it seems to be a leak that happens pretty well all the time we are connected to pressure water, that can lean to ward a supply line leak? But if it leaks mostly after you drain a basin or take a shower that may lean toward a drain leak?

Try to sort carefully as that reduces the work needed to get panels off, etc.

Another small point might help if you are familiar with work on faucets? If you can figure the way to take the shower control valve off the wall, it likely will pull forward while still connected to the supply tubing! That may let you see or feel around the connections from the tubing to the faucet body.

I like to use tissue paper as a test item as it is easy to get in and let it show me if it finds water! Easier to spot than just a wet finger feeling around!

Maybe it is only a fitting that needs to be snugged up a half turn to stop a drip? Much better than removing the panels if we can get a wrench in to do it!

I was not sure which build RV you have, so this may/may not be totally correct but an example of what you may find?
Click this snip for better view!

Name:	shower.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	189868 Click image for larger version

Name:	show 1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	189869
The back of the shower faucet may be a real suspect for leaks in the supply as there are several fittings which may need a look and you "might" be able to get to them from the front?

Good luck on the chase!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 07:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

2017 trabajo 59k water leak

Thank you for your detail response. I have remove the shower valve cover only has the hole big enough for valve to fit thru it. I also removed the square panel behind toilet wall doesn’t give you access to hoses. I have narrow it down to the cold supply hose due that it leaks when everything there is closed and when I turn on water pump it starts leaking behind the wall. I agree , I will continue with research to find the easiest way to remove wall without causing to much damage. Again thank you for all the information.
Old 09-13-2024, 07:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Yuck!
That sounds like a bad one to get in to fix.
I'm guessing that will be some form of snap together panels but no real ideas to help!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
new member, leak, water, water leak