Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

No hot water 2004 adventure 33v

Hello everyone new her I hate to start out with a question but this one has baffled. I am getting a good flow of water out of both hot and cold faucet but know hot water. the hot water heater is working all my valves are in there proper position. I have had this motor home since it was new this one I cannot figure out.
Bob Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 10:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Morning Bob! And not to worry about questions as what would a forum be without somebody asking questions!

S maybe just a short review? You seem to have covered lots of the things folks need to know but there is just something missing. I catch myself at times doing things so often that I have stopped thinking while doing it, so I may miss the totally obvious valve and think I go it right.
So my plan might be to first recheck even though I know I did it right! We're human, after all.
But then that may not get it so , moving on, I would want to try feeling of the pipes around and near the heater first, I might carefully check the water is getting into the heater and hot. This is assuming you do know it really islit and burning but will need some care to avoid scalding. Know where the safety valve for over heat and pressure is and know about the little flip lever to let some water out?
I might turn off any pressure from the tap or pump, try to relieve any pressure in the tank by opening an inside hot faucet and then very carefully crack this valve open to see water coming out and actually hot! Stand back and careful!!!
If no water comes out, put the pressure back on to verify water is getting in and see if what comes out is hot.
No water coming out means none is going in and that cuts the chase to the input. But if water is coming out and hot, you will need to look at what might be keeping it from getting to the first faucet and likely the closest to the heater.
There are certain to be valves for bypassing the heater for winter and since it is not a new idea, you probably know where those are so give them a check and feel if the handle feels normal or does it move too easy, like the valve may have broken inside. Many of these are ball valves and if the handle breaks just right it can turn and not the ball to open the waterflow. Check valves are often installed on the heater but that is where you need to find if it is an input or output problem before going too hard to look as it cuts the chase in half.
Betting you find something so simple it is really hard to find! Good luck.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Assuming the tank is getting hot I would assume you don't have the winterizing valves in the proper position. The one between the intake and outtake should be shut and the other two open.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Morich thanks for the tip you my be on to something I will give it a try in the morning.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:48 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

You were spot on Morich the bypass valve knob was out of line, apparently some time or another the knob has came off and I put on in the wrong position. Doing the check that you suggested allowed me to figure it out. I have not had to winterize it in 10 yr. and I have not had a need for the bypass it is stored inside here in the sand hills of North Carolina it does not get cold enough to winterize .

Thanks again Morich for your help.

Tags
vent, water