Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-10-2024, 06:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No water working when off road! Micro Minnie 1720FB

On my new micro mini I went off road camping filled the back black port and plugged my inverters in and nothing could here the pump working but no water
And the lights on the thermostats? saying tank is empty and I know it full to the top. I think maybe one day I can use this with out something going wrong.
Brewyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewyc View Post
On my new micro mini I went off road camping filled the back black port and plugged my inverters in and nothing could here the pump working but no water
And the lights on the thermostats? saying tank is empty and I know it full to the top. I think maybe one day I can use this with out something going wrong.
Did you mistake the black tank flush for the fresh water fill?
Old 05-10-2024, 07:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

We can see that this is all new to you as you don't have the right names for things!
First thought is that you do not have inverters but generators!
They may have had some reference to inverters in ads and such but if you are wanting to make AC power for the RV, that will be a generator!
An inverter uses battery power to make AC!
When your generators are working, they will power an item called a converter and that turns the AC power from the generators into DC power to work the DC things in the RV like the water pump. The excess 12 volt DC power is also used to charge the batteries!

The lights showing levels will be on a "monitor panel in many cases. But that is different than the thermostat as the thermostat is what you use to control the temperature from heater or air conditioner!
Maybe near each other or on the same panel but two completely different things!

No big thing to find some confusion when first starting and we have all had the same type problems!

But that is all a secondary question if you hear the pump running!
If there is water in the tank and the pump is running but not getting water at faucets, there is a good chance a valve is not closed right!
Does the pump just keep running when turned on but all faucets are closed? It should build up pressure in the lines and then stop until the faucet is opened.
If it runs and doesn't stop, there is likely to be a valve open, letting air into or out of the lines. It's like it is blowing air into a balloon that has a hole in it!

One of the drains might be open but that should let water run out. No water running out under the RV?
Sure there really is water in the tank?
There is often a tube near the water pump to use to stick in a jug of antifreeze to suck it in to keep lines from freezing. Do you know of a clear plastic tube that has one end loose that you could stick in a jug? That should have a way to close the end and maybe a cap on it? There should also be a valve at that tube to switch from sucking antifreeze to regular RV use.
That valve is an easy one to forget to put back to normal use when we get the RV out of storage.

Good luck and just know that we all have to learn lots of things on the new toys!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 11:33 AM   #4
Site Team

You've referred to your trailer as a "micro mini" and previously as a 1760.

So, we're totally confused about what trailer you have.

Winnebago makes a Micro Minnie 1720FB but no 1760. However, Keystone RV makes a "Mini 1760" travel trailer.

We're going to assume you have a Winnebago Micro Minnie (not "mini") and that it's a 1720FB not a Keystone Mini 1760. But it would help us all if you could check and tell us EXACTLY what travel trailer you have. If we know this we can provide so much more accurate info. Knowing the model year (2023 or what?) would be a help as much.
Old 05-11-2024, 05:08 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

1720 MICRO Minie typo
Old 05-11-2024, 05:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I was just at the dealer on Thursday In Pa they put the water in the back black tank tell me ok to go all good. Being a novice I fell I am being taken advantage of and sir I don’t post correctly beacause I am learning
Old 05-11-2024, 09:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewyc View Post
I was just at the dealer on Thursday In Pa they put the water in the back black tank tell me ok to go all good. Being a novice I fell I am being taken advantage of and sir I don’t post correctly beacause I am learning
Black tanks are for sewage, are you saying someone filled the black tank? If so that's why you don't have any fresh water, that goes into a different tank. Does your tank monitor system show the black tank as being full?
We are trying to help but you're not giving us a lot to go on so we're just guessing.
Old 05-11-2024, 10:05 AM   #8
Site Team

Brewyc,
Please understand we want to help you. We know you're new and need some real help.

Obviously, we can only do so much using words on the internet. This is made more difficult as a newbie you don't use the terminology we need to understand your problems.

It sounds like your dealer is totally unable to help - but you do need personal help and instruction. Is there anyone nearby that can help? A neighbor with an RV? A family member? Maybe go to a crowded RV park for a day or two and ask another camper nearby for help?????
Old 05-11-2024, 02:39 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

The fresh tank water fill should be plainly marked, as should the black tank rinse/flush connection. Re-read your owners manual for any tips and location of services connections.
If your owners manual is missing, go here and select your model year, then select your model. https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...erator-manuals
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 02:50 PM   #10
Site Team

Ray, it's a travel trailer. There are no owners manuals and nothing available online either.

Only motorized Winnebagos have manuals and online resources.
Old 05-11-2024, 04:32 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

It's a tough situation when new and dealing with new trailers and possible poor dealers.
Like most things there are common terms which don't always makes sense to the newer folks!
Something as simple as black and grey can get tricky! Black waste tank is NOT a black colored tank but the really thick stuff, while we talk about the waste water from sinks and shower "grey water" !

Common terms that can be tricky and little if any printed info can leave a lot of confusion! But that is where we get into swapping info. None of us know it all and we've all needed help, so let's talk about how we can clear things !

Lots of different RV trailers and most of us will never know each totally, so we have to throw out some ideas and let you tell us if it fits?
Let's throw out what the dealer may have told you about filling the black tank and hope they were wrong.
The black tank may not be black but it will be the one where you flush the stool and it lands in the black tank! There will be a tank we call grey and it is where the shower and sink waste water goes.
Both these tanks should be empty and gradually fill as we use water while camping.
We should be able to find them by looking for the big 4 inch wide drain pipes under the trailer, usually sticking out on the driver's side with some form of handle to open and close the valves!
Got a big cap on a line like that with a couple handles to pull? If you need to know if they filled the black or grey tank, connect the sewer drain hose to where the cap is placed and pull one handle. Do it kind of slow until you get the idea of what happens!
When you start a trip, most of us like to start with these tanks empty and we start to fill them on the trip!

But there is often a hose fitting on the trailer side, where we can screw a hose on and turn on the faucet to fill the fresh water tank. Some RV also have a second hose fitting to use water to flush out the black tank but those are less common on trailers, so I might not expect a flushing system on your RV???

Maybe start with going around the RV and looking at what openings like that you have and get an idea of what each does for you.
Getting together with an experienced person is a good way to go if you can find one that's just setting around and not busy? Also if close to the dealer, driving it in and asking them to point out how to use things is also what they should have done before letting you drive away!

HELP!! We need somebody with one of these trailers to look at it and tell us all where they put things. Things like where to add and drain water??
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:21 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Black tanks are for sewage, are you saying someone filled the black tank? If so that's why you don't have any fresh water, that goes into a different tank. Does your tank monitor system show the black tank as being full?
We are trying to help but you're not giving us a lot to go on so we're just guessing.
When the tank is full the light board says empty just 1 light

Tags
water