Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2024, 09:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Pump working, but will not lead to Faucets

Minnie Winnie 31H. Hi All. I hope someone can help me. I am tring to discinfect my water system and came across this problem. Tank filled with bleech water. Turned pump on for 40 seconds. Opened the faucets to begin the process and no water is coming out? Please help if you can. Attached are where my valves are located. Much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diagram.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	189862  
Jfelten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 09:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

If equipped, did you switch the valve in the water bay from "Tank Fill" to "Normal"? Or is this a gravity fill tank?
Old 09-10-2024, 09:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

No switches to change. So I am assuming this is a gravity fill tank?
Old 09-10-2024, 09:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Can't begin to look at how the lines run without knowing which year of Minnie Winnie 31H.

All info and drawings are filed year, model, floor plan, and at times there is an early or late build for that year. Age of the RV is where most changes occur and that is first step in finding info.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 09:30 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Makes sense. 2023. TY!
Old 09-10-2024, 10:25 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Ok, we can point to a few things from the interactive parts drawings here:
https://catalog.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
It takes a bit to get used to the controls but can be great for finding things! Things like where the drains hang out underneath?
But we can get a good look at where the water pump sets and where it draw water. It is a self priming pump, meaning that it will draw a suction and move air to draw water from the tank. No need for priming!
One problem is that it will not work hard enough to move water if it can get air, which is much easier to move!

So if we look at the pump, it is right next to the tank without too many ways that I spot to get air instead of water. That is if the drains are closed! I'm assuming the is not water running out underneath, right?
Idea is that if the pump can't draw air in an open drain from the tank side and water is not getting to any faucet or running out a leak underneath, there may be a small problem at the pump!
A little hard to get the drawings right to show really clear but click these snips to see what I might guess?
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump air.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	189863

Can you hear pump is running?
Water not running out drain at valve, so it is closed?
There IS water in the tank???
If running it should draw from tank through small filter and pump on to lines with vanity faucet among the first in string.

But if this filter is cracked or not fitting tight, it can let air come into the pump much easier than drawing water!
Simple things can happen to this filter as it is thin plastic. It freezes easy or there is often a small rubber ring for a gasket that can get lost or out of place to let air in!

Like sucking on a straw with a hole in the side?

Nothing that says the pump has not failed but no reason to jump to that yet!
Good luck on the bug hunt!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote