Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2024, 01:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Replacing water pump in 2017 Winnebago Paseo B Van

I have a 2017 Winnebago Paseo B class. My water pump runs continuously. The tech guy said it was either a leak or a bad pump. I don't see any signs of leaking so he recommended replacing the pump. They want $350 for the pump alone without labor, which is $150. I'd like to try to source the pump myself, as $350 seems high. Does anyone know the specs, model and part number for the pump? Thank you.
SBSmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 02:27 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi and Welcome!!

First, a continuously running water pump can be a leak, yes. It can be a faulty pump... maybe. But based on what you've said, I'd say the thing that needs replaced is that lousy Service people that told you that was what you needed to do OR that if you did it would cost $350 plus installation.

That's nuts!!!

One of the most common water pumps used by Winnebago is the ShurFlo 4008 and it costs about $75 on Amazon. And these things are plug and play. So, it's an easy install on most RVs.

If the people that told you the pump was $350 and installation was $150 were at the service dept of the dealer you purchased the Paseo from I'd never ever visit them again for anything. But maybe that's just me.

First, it's likely your problem can be fixed without replacement. But if not then you can likely buy a replacement for the OEM for less than $100. And self-install in most RVs is super easy. I say that but I don't know the Paseo very well. So, this will take some digging to be sure.

If you don't want to take over doing this all by yourself, perhaps you can call an independent mobile tech to come and adjust/fix the pump you have or install a new pump for you.

Also, I pulled your post out of that 3+ year old thread you added it to. Yes, that thread was about replacing a water pump, but each new question needs to be featured in its own new thread. And, now you have that.
Old 08-19-2024, 02:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I would not replace the pump but check on the little pressure switch which turns the pump on/off as it seems stuck?
Perhaps just moving the adjustment screw will break it loose but if not, a new pressure swtich is a screw on simple item and much cheaper than new pump!

There are three different builds of your RV so we can't state for certain this is the correct build of your rV but generally correct? Maybe just thump it with a screwdriver before going too hard on changes?
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump adj.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	189667
Something like this but do shop around to find the best total offer!
https://pantherrvproducts.com/shurfl...e7BbVqYt21oEfx

BIGGG EDIT!!
Make sure it is not just a drain left open! That means the pump can't build up pressure and the leaves it running full time!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 02:46 PM   #4
Site Team

OK, I just checked the parts list for the 2017 Paseo. It is a simple Shurflo 4008 water pump.

These can be replaced for $75, rebuilt for $45 or adjusted to possibly fix it for next to nothing. Installation doesn't look tricky either.

Here's the Winnebago parts list number: 17863-01-000. But it's not really a Winnebago part. You can get it at Amazon. Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Shurflo-Volt-.../dp/B08THZ1PQB

It sits on the back of a cabinet on the back rear passenger side of the Van. Behind all the water connections. I'm not sure how you get access to it. Any RV tech could do it no doubt.

Here are screenshots from your parts catalog, showing where it is located - it's the yellow thing:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 3.35.48 PM.png
Views:	10
Size:	619.7 KB
ID:	189668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 3.37.05 PM.png
Views:	12
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	189669  

Old 08-19-2024, 02:56 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
There are three different builds of your RV so we can't state for certain this is the correct build of your rV but generally correct?
Yes, there are two build dates for the plumbing diagrams of your 2017 Paseo:
07-30-2017
11-12-2017

I checked both versions of the pump layout and parts number and they were identical in both versions.

As Richard mentioned, it's just as likely that a fresh water drain or winterizing connection has been left open and that that needs to be closed to magically fix the issue at no cost.
Old 08-19-2024, 04:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

An easy one to happen?
There is a valve that is used when we suck anti-freeze into the system as we winterize.
If this tube and valve are not set back to normal and capped after the anti-freeze is added it leats air into the pump!
Water is harder to pump, so the pum[p never lifts the heavy water and just sucks air and never builds preesure to shut off.
Maybe do a check of this line?
Click for best view!

Name:	suction.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	189670

Normally the pump draws water out of the tank as the black line shows and on up to the pump, etc.
But if the valve is pointed toward the suction line and it is not capped air tight, air is drawn in like the red line and the pump never stops!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote