Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2024, 08:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Underbelly Slow Water Leak 2021 Micro Minnie 2108FBS

Hey everyone, first time poster here. I tried to join the Winnebago subreddit too but haven't gotten approved yet and it doesn't appear that that subreddit is very well trafficked anyways, so hoping for some advice here.

My wife and I recently bought a used 2021 2108FBS Micro Minnie, thing was in immaculate condition when we checked it out. It appeared like it was only camped in one time, so I was not expecting many issues.

We recently took it out for our first trip, which we just used the fresh water tank rather than hook up to a hose. The tank was 2/3 full and barely moved the entire weekend (it did drop down one tick right when we were leaving). We had the water pump on the whole time and it was working great when we were running the sink etc..., but never just ran by itself so that makes me think there is no active leak, but I could be wrong.

After parking the trailer when we got home I noticed a wet spot underneath it right under where the bed is in the front. When I crawled underneath it I noticed it had a slow but steady leak from the spot shown in the photo attached. There does not appear to be any kind of easy access to get behind this black protective layer, but I am guessing there is insulation material behind there? If that's the case, I really don't like the idea of it not drying out entirely and then causing a mold problem so if you have any advice there that would be great too.

Anyways, we got the trailer home and parked on Monday afternoon and its still leaking as of this morning, 4 days later. Water pump and everything has been off since Monday morning and I even opened the sink valve to let the pressure out before we hooked up to leave the campsite.

Any ideas of where/what I should check? Has anyone seen something similar?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Undercarriage Leaking Near Front.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	189089
JacO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 12:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

First, welcome to the forum.

From pictures of a 2021 2108FBS I don't see where there would be any water lines forward of the kitchen sink. ... so have to assume the water is running and the leak could be anywhere.

The trailer's underbelly in your picture looks like it could be swollen, and water could be collecting.

Your asking about access to underneath the trailer. Many of us have done this, and cutting it seems to be more common than removing it. After it's cut you tape it back in place. If you use the search feature, there are some threads on this forum with good advice on access and restore. Also, there's more on youtube.
Old 06-01-2024, 01:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post

From pictures of a 2021 2108FBS I don't see where there would be any water lines forward of the kitchen sink. ... so have to assume the water is running and the leak could be anywhere.

The trailer's underbelly in your picture looks like it could be swollen, and water could be collecting.

Your asking about access to underneath the trailer. Many of us have done this, and cutting it seems to be more common than removing it. After it's cut you tape it back in place. If you use the search feature, there are some threads on this forum with good advice on access and restore. Also, there's more on youtube.
Thanks for the advice man! And for the welcome. My father in law came down and he recommended poking a hole in that waterproof underlayment and it started spewing. We also poked around behind all the service panels and figured out it’s not leaking inside the trailer, so that’s good. We think we have narrowed it down to a fitting on the tank or the actual tank. Next I am going to see if I can remove the corrugated plastic and check it out.
Old 06-14-2024, 10:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post

Hey man,

I did some testing and I think I have narrowed it down to the output line on the water heater. I ran the water pump with cold water and running the water every now and then for 3 days and no leak. Turned on the water heater and it started leaking from the back underneath the shower area the first time I used the hot water. It was getting dark so I locked the trailer up and will get back to it later. I plan to check the water heater again via interior access panel, but I think their is a broken line under the floor somewhere after the water heater.

Do you know of anything else I can check?
Old 06-15-2024, 08:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacO View Post
Hey man,

I did some testing and I think I have narrowed it down to the output line on the water heater. I ran the water pump with cold water and running the water every now and then for 3 days and no leak. Turned on the water heater and it started leaking from the back underneath the shower area the first time I used the hot water. It was getting dark so I locked the trailer up and will get back to it later. I plan to check the water heater again via interior access panel, but I think their is a broken line under the floor somewhere after the water heater.

Do you know of anything else I can check?
... nothing specific. The leak could be coming from a broken line (or fitting), but MUCH more often it's a connection. A bad connection is common; a broken line or fitting is rare - unless it's been frozen.

You will have to watch each part of the system and eliminate each segment as you go. If the leak is on a supply line, keep it under pressure while you are searching. If it's on the drain side you have to add water to make it leak; not nearly as common as the supply side. Shower drain fittings seem to get mentioned on RV forums every now and then.

If you find a spot you think might be leaking but it's real slow, dry it good then wrap a dry rag or paper towel around it so you can check for water later.

Also, you can lay a paper towel down underneath an area where you think there might be a drip to check it for water. But remember, the drip could have run from somewhere else.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Tags
leak, water, water leak