Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2024, 11:13 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringe View Post
Thank you for all of your help. I’m struggling to find how to do a reset. Is that found in the fridge manual? I do have the manuals that came with the RV but I don’t believe it has any reset instructions.
Yes, the manual has reset info but in this case it seems as simple as doing a shutdown and turning back on again, so not much involved there!
However, there are so many things that this frig does and things that we need to know, that looking over the booklet and maybe printing off the parts we will need is one way to cut future problems. Knowing the controls and what they are telling us is really important because none of us are likely to know what a new item can or will do, as they are changing so fast.

Simple things like how long to hold the switch to turn it off and where does the water go when it defrosts are things we will need to know at some point and it may not seem important to remember now.

But if we have the book handy the next time we have a question, it makes life much less dramatic! Maybe just read it once and then bookmark it in your computer for ease of finding it next time? I like to print off the book and skip printing the things that don't involve my model as that cuts the clutter. One big point is making sure we are looking at the correct model info as the manual does cover different models. We have to get the right book but also the right page!
Click this snip for better view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	N7V.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	189296

We've moved from the old days of getting full instructions to a point where that info is online and we have to look for it!

One of the giggles of modern life is that we now need to know more but they tell us less!

I've just got a replacement for my Windows 10 computer and it has ZERO printed info with it! There is a disk but it is not labeled and I have no idea what is on the disk, so my first move has to be looking for info.

I'm assuming a week to get it connected and probably never fully knowing what it all does! By the time I find all the keys, Microsoft will have changed the program, so I assume I will be behind the curve forever!

One of the downsides of "work from home" is that we can't ask the guy at the next desk!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

A reset on my Norcold is simply shutting it down for 5 minutes and then reapplying power, just make sure that 12 volts is available.
dick
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I did have a different problem than yours, mine stopped running on gas.
dick
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

I had a simular problem and installed a muffin fan blowing air into the bottom of the back of the refrigerator access. Problem solved. I live in Florida heat and sun.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Norcold trouble shooting

Check out Myrvworks.com. daran is a certified repair man with lots of experience. He also has a you tube channel on trouble shooting and repair.
erstanfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

I'm dealing with that same problem right now. The freezer would go down to zero but the fridge would be in the 40's. My problem is caused by the fan thermo switch behind the unit failed and not venting out the hot air. I bypassed the switch with a paper clip until I can replace the switch. Removing the outside covers also would help to vent the heat.

Tags
refrigerator