Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2024, 02:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Poor air flow out bedroom vents

I have a 2009 Adventurer 32h with the basement Coleman A/C. The only problem I have is i get very little air flow out of the two ceiling vents in the bedroom. All the other vents work great. I removed the vents and feel lots of air flow in the duct but it doesn't go out thru the vent???? Any thoughts?
Forestdwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2024, 04:59 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Forestdwell,
I would damper-down the other vents to force more air to come out of the bedroom vents.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-30-2024, 05:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

The ductwork is 2 runs in the Styrofoam roof insulation, If the ductwork were plugged none would have air movement downstream of the bedroom ceiling vents.
The way the louvers in the vents are constructed, the louvers "grab" chilled air and direct it downward. Perchance do you have the vents aimed at the head of the bed? This would cause the louvers to act as a ramp and actually deflect chilled air away from the vent.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for the responses. The other vents blow very well. Closing them had minor impact.

Ray,IN thank you for explaining the way the ducts should work. That makes sense from what I have uncovered. However, shouldn't the louvers stick into the chilled air flow? It seems that the cold air just blows over the louver without being redirected downward. There is plenty of air and velocity but the air stays in the duct withour redirection.
Old 07-30-2024, 06:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for your help. I have tried closing the other vents. Improvement of air flow into the bedroom area is minimal.

Ray,IN Thank you for your explanation. It makes sense based on what I see and was thinking. However, although there is good airflow and velocity in the duct, the louvers are not "grabbing" the air and redirecting the air downward. Shouldn't the louvers stick up into to air stream to make this happen? It appears that the vents are dead-headed and the air should be pushed towards the louvers which are pointed downward. I have tried pointing the louvers in all directions with little improvement. As I said, the other vents in the RV have plenty of flow into the living space.
Old 07-31-2024, 07:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

As you see, the pictures show the louvers are not long by design. IMO they do not extend into the air duct due to the luan ceiling board thickness. They cannot be longer and still close.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-air-louver-ceiling-vent-6-5/

In fact i have switched to these in the bedroom. They blow chilled air straight sideways, where the warmest air is, then settles down to the floor.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CT1TYQK...v_ov_lig_dp_it
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent