Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2024, 05:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Tailgating with your RV?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here does RV tailgating. Looking for some tips (I have season tickets to LA Chargers for 2024 — this might be the year!)
LoxnBagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 09:46 AM   #2
Ted & Lynne

I am not a tailgater, but my only question would be will they let you in? I parked at a Restuarant one time in Maine, and they wanted to know how long I was going to be because I parked in two spaces.
Old 08-03-2024, 11:01 AM   #3
Site Team

We rented someone's RV Tailgate spot for a Texas A&M football game when our daughter was a student at College Station. It was fun, expensive and all the other RVers were season ticket holders and also RV Spot Season "ticket" holders, too. Those folks all knew each other and had a great time partying and cooking meals.
Old 08-03-2024, 02:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

We tailgate all the time when financially feasible, but as stated it has become an expensive proposition. i.e. I think it $300/spot at a Cowboy game. My Alumni requires you to not only be a season ticket holder but you also have to donor over a minimum threshold to Athletic foundation just for the Right to be able to buy a parking spot that you must may for in advance and they later tell you if you have a spot or not.

With that said with our RV, we can tailgate where ever we go with friends, we don't have to actually be at the game.

My tips (not a season ticket holder for anything)

1. T Mobile Wireless Internet, we have unlimited streaming
2. YouTube TV so we can clearly see and stream whatever is on TV
3. In addition to 40" Tailgate TV part of RV, we have very nice 120" Projector TV with portable projector screen that we can setup anywhere. This is only good for late evening or night events
4. It does not always have to be a game for tailgating
5. It helps if your RV is equipped with outdoor kitchen, is is how we keep the masses from running in and out of the RV. Every that is needed is outside, Fridge, sink etc. Coolers on the ground is also good even with the fridges, it is natural for some folks

What I do that is odd?

Sometimes if I have gone to the trouble to have everything setup at a real game (most likely a College game, I am not a Cowboy fan despite living in Dallas, don't like the Chargers either ) I will stay in the RV and watch the game on TV. This may happen for us as we get people that come to Dallas and they just want to go to a Cowboy game. We try to do something with them, but I get bored sitting in a seat for that long and I hate long lines. I think the RV is best place to be
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 02:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Fyden View Post
I am not a tailgater, but my only question would be will they let you in? I parked at a Restuarant one time in Maine, and they wanted to know how long I was going to be because I parked in two spaces.

I have never been asked that, but could it being asked especially where you may have parked in relationship to how many spots are available? During covid, my wife and frequently went to restaurants and I parked the RV outside and called in our order. I would take up at least 3 spots sometimes 4 so I could get out easily. We would have ACs and TV running all on the inside. Finish dinner and head out. Of course parking lots were not full those days either.

But I will call out one Restaurant in a city called Memphis, Texas. We stopped around 7:00 PM about 5 hours outside of Dallas to eat, non covid times, but we stayed in the RV because Monday night football was on. After eating the game was interesting and I didn't want to complete the drive, my wife goes back inside and asked if we could spend the night, they not only said yes, but the Manager wrote a permission note to give to law enforcement if they would have stopped by to say anything. They never did, we left the next morning at 6:00am as they were opening back up for breakfast.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2024, 05:31 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I'm not a sports fan so that type of tailgating doesn't exist for me. We have used our Class C for craft shows. My wife will coordinate to allow her to use the RV as the booth and set up under the canopy. Works well.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote