Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2020, 09:07 AM   #1
DNC
2016 Journey 36M

Bedding

Can anyone recommend a source for purchasing a fitted bed spread for the Ideal Rest King mattress? There are websites that sell fitted bed spreads for RVs, but it would sure be nice hearing from folks who have purchased these and can speak to the quality and fit of the one they purchased.
DNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm not familiar with "fitted" bedspreads. Can you explain?

Also, the company that makes the Ideal Rest is called InnoMax. Here's a link to them.

https://www.innomax.com/

They used to have an Ideal Rest section that I can't seem to find any more. But they are the manufacturer and they sell bedding, etc for the mattresses. As well as repair parts for the Ideal Rest Mattress.

We called ours the "Not So Ideal Rest" when we still had ours. We replaced it within the first 9-months after buying the new RV.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
DNC
2016 Journey 36M

Fitted bedspread

A fitted bedspread is similar to a fitted sheet. My last motorhome had one. Its nice because it fits the bed like a glove in that when you pull it up toward the headboard to cover the bed, the corners are sewn so that they hug the bed and you get a nice smooth winkle-free cover with little effort.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Humm, I've never heard of one. But then, I'm only 70 so I haven't seen it all yet.

The RV King used for the Rest Easy is a different size than a standard King. But when we replaced our Rest Easy with a standard mattress we found that a California King sized mattress was the correct width just a bit long. So, you might try looking for that size fitted bedspread. MEASURE first to be sure though. Don't take my word for it.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
DNC
2016 Journey 36M

Fitted bedspread

Good advise. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Not sure I would want a fitted bedspread. We empty the mattress when the coach is not in use and empty some air travelling in higher elevations. When the air is reduced in the mattress, what is going to happen to the bedspread?
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

DW's bought a lot of bedding at Overstock .com and hasn't seen disappointed with any. She highly recommends O .com
DCMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:33 PM   #8
DNC
2016 Journey 36M

bobmac

I'm not sure how the fluctuation in air would affect the bedspread. My old rig didn't have an air mattress and the fitted bedspread fit like a glove. I've decided to forgo the fitted bedspread and stay with what I have.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:46 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

As a (former) boater, I've seen ads in magazines for odd sizes, even for "V" berths.
David_Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:29 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

What did u replace it with and did u need a mattress that bends...our bed slides in with closed slides and we sleep sideways
Sheilag1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #11
Site Team

Don't know if you were asking me... but we replaced the Rest Easy Air bed with a Leesa Mattress. One of the many "mattress in a box" sellers like, Casper, Purple, etc. it's not specifically a bendable mattress but they say their mattresses are OK for adjustable bed frames that fold up just like ours.

The biggest issue is getting the size to work. As I said, we used a "California King" and it works great - but is 2" to long. So we simply removed the headboard and that fixed the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leesa2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	173275  
Old 04-16-2020, 05:45 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

GREAT idea. Looks like u hung some fabric where headboard was ??? But why California if it was too long? Would a standard king fit as well? Thanks for all that feed back
Old 04-16-2020, 05:53 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I am beginning to believe that on a real basic level we are doomed to fail. I cant even guess about how many ppl we see in rest areas and fuel stops without masks or gloves. And sooo many folks on the road in Kentucky, you'd think the money man was coming with a delivery. Maybe they dont watch Fox or OAN as much as we do. Lol
But we pay at the pump, only use our bathroom and eat all meals in coach and have really cute masks that I made lined with hvac bag material (same as n95) and disposable gloves. And they look at us as if we were from Mars.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:53 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilag1848 View Post
GREAT idea. Looks like u hung some fabric where headboard was ??? But why California if it was too long? Would a standard king fit as well? Thanks for all that feed back
The standard king was too wide, and the Cali King was the right width but too long. There was a bolster behind the mattress that was part of the head board and it was 2" thick. So, after removing it worked perfectly.

In the photo we had not added anything - that's the wall covering. We did buy 3D barn wood look vinyl planks and added them where the headboard was. But honestly, it's the same gray toned as the wall covering and if I should you a photo of that you wouldn't be able to see a difference really.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:00 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

creativepart - thanks for that info. We are currently at Winnie Service in Forest City and have been told that we should let some of the air out before raising the bed prior to bringing slides in. That's a new one - no one at that lousy dealership General RV of Ocala mentioned anything about that requirement.But, of course, their service staff did not properly fill and seal everything when installing our rooftop Directv which ended up allowing gallons and gallons of water during Trop Storm Nestor dumped in above the driver side wall which fried several components in that side, corroded fuse box inside the outer cabinet, and on and on. That is the main reason we are here in Forest City today and will probably be here for more than a week.