Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2024, 11:39 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

It’s been fun! Signing Off RVing

Well, it's been fun. Yesterday, I sold my 2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE motorhome and my wife and I are done with RVing.

After I retired at the end of 2019, I thought we would use our motorhome more, but it just seemed to sit in our garage month after month. I didn't enjoy the driving and found myself wanting to hanging around the house more and more. I also was not impressed with the layout, quality, and price of the newer motorhomes and trailers.

I found it frustrating trying to get an appointment to have our motorhome repaired, and did find a great mobile RV mechanic in my neighborhood, but learned the other day that he was moving.

All of this, along with the increasing costs of campgrounds and campground memberships (like KOA) made me realize it was time to get out.

Anyway, I just want to thank everyone on the forum. This forum has been great and I have learned a lot over the years. Take care and enjoy!
Old 07-01-2024, 08:39 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I am the new owner of this RV. I put a deposit down the day after you turned it in. My wife and I had been looking for awhile, this meticulously maintained unit grabbed our attention. I truly appreciate how you took care of this during your ownership. I look forward to several years of camping. Thank you.

-Joe
P.S. RIP Jeter
AZ11fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 10:47 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Congratulations... It really was well cared for and there is nothing wrong with it to the best of my knowledge. The batteries will need to probably be replaced very soon if the dealership did not do it for you. We had some great memories in that RV and "Jeter" really liked it once we got to our destination. He loved sitting on the dash or little half shelf in the bedroom area looking out the window. I sent you a private message with my phone number and e-mail address. Feel free to contact me. Good luck and thank you for letting me know it is going to a good home.
Old Today, 08:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

That is a nice ending and a new beginning! It feels good to have things work out this way.
Mike Leslie
2003 Winnie Class C
Leslie Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Can you describe the sales process?

If you don't mind sharing any of this I have a few questions.

How did you set the price?
How did you stage the coach?
How did you handle all the extras like hoses, containers etc?
Did you try to sell it yourself first or something else?
How did you handle the actual sale?
cruizerEd is online now   Reply With Quote