Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-15-2024, 10:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

making an offer on a Tour

Can I get some feedback on a 2011 Tour 42AD?

We will possibly make an offer on the above rv.

Please let me know your experiences with this rv.

Thanks for any replies.
kongmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 11:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have no experience with that RV but I do some shopping and digging into any RV I might be shopping. Winnebago does a good job of putting info online to let us look at lots of things we might not be able or have time to see when looking in person.
If you are not aware of the online help, I will point to some I really like to study before buying.
One is the main Winn page here and check under the "owners" tab for lots more info.
Lots of the sales type thing but links to the mechanical electrical info:
https://www.winnebago.com/

Then for looking at details like where they hide things and what we might expect, this interactive parts site is great:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

I like this part but then what we each consider vital may be different, depending on how and where we each use the RV!
I started out in cold country and became really sensitive to trying to keep things from freezing. Where do the pipes run and is there a set of ducts to heat the spacers where the pipes run, like in the compartments underneath?
I did a quick look for freeze hazards and found minimal spots which would worry me. Possible the piping to the shower and vanity in that area as it is on an outside wall?
Click this snip to get a better view or go direct for much more looking around?
Click image for larger version

Name:	pipe.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	188759

I check the drains for major problem causes. Things like a drain cable that is super awkward to pull the valve? This looks pretty good from here!
Click image for larger version

Name:	black.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	188760

One personal point to mention as a personal aversion is the head of the bed on a slide! I'm not fond of sleeping with my head out during cold weather! But that may not be a problem if you stay away from that cold stuff!
I spent way too much time way up North, even North of that!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote