Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-17-2023, 09:04 PM   #1
Winnebago owner

Micro Minnie 2108FBS pull out steps

I am sure this question was asked many times before but I couldn't find help. Maybe I am using the wrong keywords but here it is....
I REALLY want to replace the pull-out steps that came with my Micro Minnie FBS 2108. the ones that came with the unit are two steps but VERY high, about 15" above ground.
The opening (width) is about 25.25" but I am having trouble to find something with that width either with two or three steps.
I am wondering what other folks are using to have a more comfortable (lower first step, closer to the ground) access to the camper.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

2022 Micro Minnie 2108 FBS
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Check with Amazon...lots of adjustable height single step platforms just one example:
GarfatolRv Safety RV Steps,Large RV Step Stool Adjustable Aluminum Folding Platform Step with Non-Slip Rubber Feet and Luminous Tape Glow,Holds Up to 1500 lbs

Agree that these model MM are just too damn high off the ground and can be a hazard. I just place the step on the ground and adjust height and level for use. When done, just place the step just inside the door way and be done. Try and set the first step height so to match the rise of the MM steps. Hope this option helps.

Safe travels
Stillmovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 08:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie Steps

I have a 2022 2108 TB with the stupid steps. I pulled four screws and lowered both steps about 1.5” as the frame already has holes to do this.
I then cut two 10”x2” aluminum plates, drilled them, and lowered the lower step another inch or so. I had to file the steel frame some to get the steps to completely fold back in.
The steps are each a little tall but not too bad. Very usable. Would share a pic but the trailer is in storage.
Total cost was <$10. Took about two hours.
Thindirtline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 08:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

With steps on smallish trailers there is no real way to build them to fit two groups of people wanting different things.
These trailers have two groups, those who want to have high clearance to go through the woods and those who want low clearnce as they stay on concrete and don't want to step so high!

So who gets their personal favorite?
A portable step seems likely to be where I come down! I've never found it worthwhile to expect the world to march to my drum.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 08:50 AM   #5
Winnebago owner

thank you all for replies and ideas.....I like the idea of making a bracket to lower the whole assembly. I think I will take that route.

2022 Micro Minnie 2108 FBS
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 08:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

On my 2022 2108DS, I changed to a 3 step but had to use a 20” wide step instead of the 24” wide original. The mounting brackets were a little narrower (all the 24” 3 step models were too wide) so I had to make some angle brackets and clips to make it work.
dbader3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:43 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I built a 2x4 platform and the nailed a heavy duty mat on top. When I setup at a campsite all I have to do is place the platform under the fold out steps and it works well.
Just Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:52 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If you can wait for a week or so, I’ll tell you how my Torklift Glostep 3-step install goes. They sent me the steps to do an evaluation.

Tags
steps