Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2021, 10:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New 2021 Voyage in for work already...

Picker her up late last month. Used once and already back in for warranty work.

Trim on kitchen slide (bottom floor and center trim on sides) coming off.
Dead bolt on door not engaging. It works, just not with the door closedshould be an easy fix.

Big trouble is the main slide LEAKS! Doesn't matter if in or out. Ruined the center trim board and soaked the carpet. Unit was completely level at the time. After slide was in I filled two large bowls with water and had more to vacuum up....not really pleased, but the dealer (RV Dynasty in Indiana) is great. Got me in fast and hopefully will find the issue quickly as we have reservations starting on the 25th of this month.

The other 2 slides do NOT leak.

Just wondering if others have had small, or large issues with their new Winnebagos.

Thanks.
GrampsO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:04 PM   #2
Site Team

So sorry for your problems on the new Winnebago.

I think you'll learn over time that just about everyone with a brand new RV - of any brand - encounters issues pretty quickly during the first use.

This is one of the reasons that experienced RVers take their new travel trailer or motorhome camping on the very day they pick it up from the dealer. When I advise people about to take delivery I suggest they go for 2 to 3 days leaving from the dealership.

I've owned 5 RVs, all brand new and over 3 different brands, since 2003 and every single one has had a couple or more issues show up immediately. No matter the quality control efforts in place by the manufacturer the only real way to test out a product like an RV is to use it.

It's a shame it's like this. But it's unfortunately the reality. Hopefully, there will be no new issues, or at least no new MAJOR issues, after you next trip.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks. Most of the stuff is minor, just the issue with leakage is concerning. Took it out first time about 7 days after purchase.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:51 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Good idea to thoroughly document the damage and the work done and any and all communications with the dealer and emails.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampsO View Post
Thanks. Most of the stuff is minor, just the issue with leakage is concerning. Took it out first time about 7 days after purchase.
We try hard to advise people to take their RVs from pickup at the dealership directly to a 2 to 3 day camping trip as nearby the dealership as possible.

That way the things folks find not working or confusing can get right back to the dealer and get things fixed without any waiting.

It's a super wise policy but unfortunately when we suggest it most of the time people respond with "that's just not possible because...."

It's really vital. Before you pick up the RV you're their best friend. After a week or two your dealer doesn't remember who you are.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Agree with creativepart’s comments. When we purchased our tt had a few warranty issues and could not get into the dealer for over 6 mos. Upgraded to new MH bought from different dealer and immediately took it out and quickly had a punch list of warranty work into dealer within a couple of weeks this followed suite 2-3x more during the first year. All in all the coach spent 3 months at the dealership to resolve everything the longest delay was Winnie replaced all the cabinets as there were a few delaminations and that took about a month at the dealer. I honestly thought the dealer would just reglue them, but winnie made all new cabinets. Will say we worked through it all and have been very fortunate in that anything that has arose since then we can handle.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Yes, it is a familiar experience. You're in Indiana...not out of the question to go to Forest City as a backup plan if the dealer fails to rectify all issues. We bought a new 2017 Minnie Winnie in Oct 2016 and made 3 or 4 trips to Forest City before finally getting everything good. (Issues included...leak in firewall in Ford Cab. Took them 1 month to get it in and rectify the issue. Transfer switch failed (switches power between generator and shore )...walked in with issue and they fixed on the spot at no charge. Slide seal (1) installed incorrectly and jammed in gear. Fixed at no charge. Gas line kinked in slide - dealer fixed at no charge after 2 visits. All very time consuming and frustrating. All of this was within the first year or two...mostly smooth sailing now. Last RV for me though, will never go through this again.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for all the input.
We picked it up yesterday and it looks like the leaking has been rectified. Had a bunch of rain yesterday morning and it was dry.
Replacement woodwork is on order so it will have to go back in at some point, but usable now.
Currently parked at a campground. Will be heading out there this afternoon for a couple of days. Glad she is back!
Old 08-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I think there are two types of RV’rs. Those who fix most problems and expect this to be a common occurrence. The others are those who takes their units to the dealer and wait.
I wonder why Airstream does not install slides. That was a trick question.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:54 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampsO View Post
Picker her up late last month. Used once and already back in for warranty work.

Trim on kitchen slide (bottom floor and center trim on sides) coming off.
Dead bolt on door not engaging. It works, just not with the door closedshould be an easy fix.

Big trouble is the main slide LEAKS! Doesn't matter if in or out. Ruined the center trim board and soaked the carpet. Unit was completely level at the time. After slide was in I filled two large bowls with water and had more to vacuum up....not really pleased, but the dealer (RV Dynasty in Indiana) is great. Got me in fast and hopefully will find the issue quickly as we have reservations starting on the 25th of this month.

The other 2 slides do NOT leak.

Just wondering if others have had small, or large issues with their new Winnebagos.

Thanks.

We bought our 2018 Voyage new. It did have some trim problems, which they fixed.
Otherwise, we absolutely LOVE this rig! We live in it full time. We removed the bunk beds and put in storage instead.

There's no doubt that the fit & finish aren't perfect, but it's a solid rig. Two years later, we did have a problem with water getting onto the circuit board inside the furnace. I suggest you buy a spare circuit board, just in case. Otherwise, happy as clams!
golden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:59 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
I think there are two types of RV’rs. Those who fix most problems and expect this to be a common occurrence. The others are those who takes their units to the dealer and wait.
I wonder why Airstream does not install slides. That was a trick question.

When you have a warranty, it's kind of imperative to get the work done by the dealer.
golden13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voyage