Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2024, 02:43 PM   #1
MKM
Winnebago Watcher

Outdoor Refrigerator in 2023 Sunstar 29V

We recently took our first trip in our 30 ft 2023 Winnebago Sunstar 29V. We noticed that the outdoor refrigerator seemed to not be running during travel.

According to documentation it should run while driving.

Any tips or recommendations?

Thank you.
MKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 05:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKM View Post
We recently took our first trip in our 30 ft 2023 Winnebago Sunstar 29V. We noticed that the outdoor refrigerator seemed to not be running during travel.

According to documentation it should run while driving.

Any tips or recommendations?

Thank you.
Did you turn the fridge ON?

If you did turn the fridge ON, did you turn the Inverter On?

If both were ON, does the outside fridge work with ShorePower?

We have 2019 29ve and run both fridges all the time while driving.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 09:36 PM   #3
MKM
Winnebago Watcher

Response

The refrigerator was cold and working plugged into shore power.

The fridge was on and the invertor were on while driving.

When we arrived at our destination we plugged into shore power and the refrigerator worked again.
Old 08-19-2024, 09:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Can you verify the voltage (110 -120vac) on the output of your inverter when on?

If not, can you confirm if you watch the TVs with no SP nor Genny when the Inverter is on?

If the above are confirmed the only other thing is that the outdoor fridge may be plugged in an outlet that is not on the inverter circuit. Can you verify the voltage 110-120vac) at the receptacle the fridge is plugged into?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-20-2024, 07:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I think DKolman is trying to sort if the inverter is working when not plugged to power.
One way to go on that is to test other item which should be working at that time as there are other points which may be easier rto reach for testing.
I looked at this drawing set but there are two different layouts. Are you 30 or 50 amp RV?
Tanke a look at this set down at the last pages and you will find what is fed by your inverter:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000199278.pdf
Theory is that if the frig works on normal shore power, the same wiring should feed it on inverter if the inverter is working.
So the big question is if other items on it work when the frig seems to no work!

Possible it has trouble due to extra heat from outside? But a bit of looking may help?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 05:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The specs say the inside refrigerator is !2VDC; Is the outside refrigerator 12VDC or 120VAC?
If 120VAC_ This assumes you have a battery bank to power the inverter; is Inverter breaker turned on?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 06:49 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Both 50 and 30 amp versions show the exterior frig has 110 connections and they are downstream of the inverter. If we could find which Rv they have, we could show which outlets, etc,. to check to verify the inverter is working.

If using the frig on inverter while driving, the alternator will cover for any lack of battery power to use it but only while driving!

Not enough info yet to say, right now!
I did a snip of the 50 amp RV as this but that may be differnet on the 30 amp version!

Click for best view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	50 amp.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	189687
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 07:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Both 50 and 30 amp versions show the exterior frig has 110 connections and they are downstream of the inverter. If we could find which Rv they have, we could show which outlets, etc,. to check to verify the inverter is working.

If using the frig on inverter while driving, the alternator will cover for any lack of battery power to use it but only while driving!

Not enough info yet to say, right now!
I did a snip of the 50 amp RV as this but that may be differnet on the 30 amp version!

Click for best view!
Attachment 189687
OP has not been back. I bet your RV to my RV I know exactly what occurred. Only one thing could be wrong if all things stated above and answered are true. Hint: You will need not need the schematic
Old 08-20-2024, 07:55 PM   #9
MKM
Winnebago Watcher

Will take a look at RV to determine if 30 or 50 (offhand I believe it is 30 Amp but will verify). Will check the schematics and also see if other items work .

Stay tuned!
Old 08-20-2024, 08:06 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKM View Post
Will take a look at RV to determine if 30 or 50 (offhand I believe it is 30 Amp but will verify). Will check the schematics and also see if other items work .

Stay tuned!
Did you ever answer the question if TVs or anything else work off inverter? ( No SP and no genny)

Do you know if you have a transfer switch? If so; can you verify that it is plugged in.

A picture of your inverter may help, but if all you have said is true, then yiu are not getting power to the fridge from inverter because the pass thru is disconnected (unplugged). It is not likely WBGO miswired the electrical circuit.
Old 08-21-2024, 12:57 PM   #11
KC
Winnebago Camper

I have a 23 Vista 29NPF and our fridge is 120 and the plug is inverted.

KC
Old 08-24-2024, 04:06 PM   #12
MKM
Winnebago Watcher

We believe we found the issue. There is a small silver round button in the basement with the inverter that is between the red wires. It was not pushed in. Now things seem to be working properly.

Thank you for your responses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240824_141949_Drive.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	189704  

Tags
refrigerator, door