Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2024, 07:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Outside Shower quick connect 2022 Micro Minnie 2108FBS

On my 2022 2108 fbs, I cannot insert the outside shower hose into the quick connect. I saw a post on here that said it was the wrong female connection and i couldn’t find that post again. Anyone have similar trouble?
worc1359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 08:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Is this type connection something you are used to dealing with or a new item?
One thing easy to miss is that we often can't just stick the two together but may need to press the outer ring back, put the connection together and then release the ring to hold them.
I just switched to a Winndows 11 computer and I'm really, really aware of things they never tell us!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2024, 08:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I pull the ring back and the make end will not insert into female end. I sprayed with wd-40 and no luck. I would post a pic on here but I can’t figure out how to do that.
Old 07-30-2024, 01:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Good enough! I thought to mention it as possible but there are certainly times when things don't match or work as they should.
Looking for a quick, easy fix but missed!

For picture posting? Have the picture on your machine, hit the "go advanced" for posting, then hit the paper clip at top of post dropdown.
Choose the file on your machine and be sure to hit download. That is an easy step for me to miss!

If you want the picture in the middle of a post, get it ready to this point, place curser where you want the picture and then go back under the paper clip and hit that link for that picture!
Old 07-31-2024, 07:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Here is a pic of the attachment’s
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0400.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	189502  
Old 07-31-2024, 07:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Does it seem like the diameter of the male end is right and goes into the center but then it stops?
Or is the size just too big to go in the hole?
Small plumbing like this is often really hard to eyeball for size, so I can't even guess from here! My eyeball was never that good anyway!

One thought might be that the center part has to move and maybe it is just stuck? I've forgotten how those work but any chance you could just push something in the hole to see if the parts are just corroded and not moving like they should?

Another thought?
What's your area like for camper/RV supply? Any chance you could walk this male end in and see it fit into a female part? That might let you get a good look at what to expect and maybe a new part is needed? Maybe find where to get a new part if needed and then time to get a bit rougher with the female part if it's not moving like it should?

Something so simple but it doesn't work!!!
Old 07-31-2024, 08:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

It won’t go in. The ring is loose and it pushes back. I tried wd-40 and it still won’t go it. I am taking it out this weekend and going to a hardware store with my hose and will try to find correct end. I saw a post somewhere that stated the female end was incorrect. I just can’t find it again.
Old 07-31-2024, 09:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Those look like incompatible fittings. Has the shower ever been able to connect in the current configuration? I can't tell from the posts if this rig is new to you and this is your first time using this, or if it previously worked and now it doesn't, and no changes to either fitting have been made...
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 10:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I tried to connect it, it never fit or worked. 2022 2108 fbs.
Old 08-28-2024, 09:20 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem and noticed it when it was new. They had the wrong connector on either the male or female end, don’t remember which. But, they repaired it under warranty. I thought I was going crazy not being able to insert it — I’ve used quick connect on lots of things over the years and couldn’t imagine (at first) that they had it wrong.
timfhodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 05:24 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I will just change it myself. I didn’t try to use it until the warranty was up!

Tags
shower