Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2024, 03:33 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Sewer Dump Station Horror Story

Today, returning from a short Boondocking trip, we swung into a State Park on the way home to dump our tanks (dual dump station). My Trailer has three tanks, two gray and one black. The black and one gray drain in front of the axles and the other behind the axles. I had finished draining the black/gray tanks when a small, older mini-motor home pulled in behind me.

The driver got out, and I mentioned if he came in from the other direction, he could dump rather than waiting. He said he knew, but had to fill out the pay envelope anyway. He then got in his rig and came in from the other direction. At this time, I was done dumping my second gray tank, put my hose away and was starting to add water & my home-made treatment to my gray tanks. I just got finished and was shutting the trailer up when this smelly, greenish liquid came running under my trailer. I went around to the dump side and the guy was standing there holding the end of his hose while his partner saying "Well, that didn't work very good." Apparently, he just laid the hose next to the dump hole and let her rip. Well, he dumped his black tank all over the station and under my trailer!

What a mess. I helped him flush the "stuff" out from under my trailer and told him he might want to tell the rangers so they could clean it up better. I left but stopped near the check-in station to install my weight distribution bars, and he came flying by me and pass the station heading for the highway. I guess he decided not to clean up the area or tell the rangers what had happened.

I stopped at the check-in station and told them what happened, as I felt sorry for the next person trying to use the dump station, let alone when they would be tracking into their vehicle and/or RV.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 05:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

IMO every first time RV owner at some point displayed their ignorance.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I think that was not Ignorance but just Arrogance seen in too many people today who have the mentality of "I'm right and everyone else is wrong.
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
IMO every first time RV owner at some point displayed their ignorance.

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #5
Ronzo

Retired construction .... old saying among tradesmen on the job---"F**k you, hurray for me"...that mentality seems to exist in everyday life also...In 20+ years of RVing, I've only come across this situation once...what a mess!...and the guy plead stupid!
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I was at a KOA at Mt Rushmore and we were squeezed together like sardines at the campsites. Late in the evening i hear the guy next to me dump his tanks, and since i only got power and water i was surprised that he got sewer as well. Well he didn't, he just dumped on the ground, leaving a large puddle.when I yelled out he closed the valves, but in the morning just dumped the rest and left!!! NASTY!!!
When I told management they said they would not fine him or even send an email, likely he will do it again!
Wmlunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

And we wonder why sometimes RVers get a bad reputation. I am old enough that I would say something--and call the manager right then.
thataway4 is offline   Reply With Quote