Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-08-2021, 09:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Exclamation Shwintech/ lippert is it all garbage???

Does anybody else own a Winnebago brave tribute I was wondering because I have this year bought 7 $400.00 slide out motors I really am starting to HATE Winnebago and their customer service and tech support center this B's of only being open for what seems like only two hours in the middle of the day is a horrible business practice
TulsaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Calling out lippert and blaming winnebago .
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:23 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaMike View Post
customer service and tech support center this B's of only being open for what seems like only two hours in the middle of the day is a horrible business practice
I wish I could figure out what you mean by this... but I can't figure it out.

Are you saying that Winnebago Customer Support is only open 2-hours a day in the middle of the day? I think their hours are 7am to 4pm Central Time (Iowa).

Can you please explain?

And, 7 slide out motors in one year??? I don't know who's servicing your RV but thee is something super odd about needing all of that.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like a tech is replacing motors, without bench testing them and the real issue may be controllers or wiring. I had an intermittent slide problem and the first thought was a faulty motor but it ended up being a corroded connector. In damp weather it had continuity but in dry weather the corrosion became nonconductive.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

TulsaMIke, are you following Lippert's instruction manual.

For example: always extend or retract slide without changing direction unless an emergency.

When the slide reaches it's fullest position and stops, continue to hold the switch for a minimum of five seconds to allow the motors to sync.

There may be a few more in the manual but those are the most important/
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #6
Site Team

Yes, that’s good advice. I had the lippert slides in my 2013 Sunstar and they worked fine for 5 years until I sold it. In the last 5 years, only 1 of 6 Pwergear motors in my 2017 Adventurer had to be replaced. The motor worked fine, but the auto lock wasn’t working and I didn’t want to use a manual lock. I hope you have much better luck in the future. I agree you may want to consider changing techs.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Calling out lippert and blaming winnebago .
I font believe he is blaming Winnebago unjustly. If these companies wouldn’t use cheap parts and demand quality from their suppliers our problems would be solved. Winnebago is a big company. If they demanded that their suppliers provide higher quality parts they would have to or lose the business. There is always another company who will meet your expectations. The only problem for us is that we would have to pay more. I would gladly pay more to avoid the problems we all hear and read about on a daily basis.
I have a 2005 Nash travel trailer that I have spent untold hours modifying it to meet my needs. Once I replaced most of the junk I was happy. We shop by price and we get what we pay for.
This problem is here to stay because of most companies trying to save 3 cents wherever they can.
Do you buy a Cedar Creek fifth wheel or do you spend the extra for a New Horizons or Spacecraft custom model. No comparison.
My New Years resolution is to ignore these types of posts. I’m tired of the repetition of complaints about a product that is inferior to start with but is continually criticized by owners who shop for the best price and then expect perfection. It isn’t rational to expect anything more than continual problems from day one.
Just my thoughts. You may have a different take on this but I’ve spent more time working on my friends RV’s than some have actually used them.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 03:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I'm not blasting you, TulsaMike, but don't you think you should take your camper to a qualified repair shop. If you are changing those motors yourself, maybe there is something beyond your capability.

Good Luck

Tags
lippert