Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2021, 07:26 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superboiler View Post
We were also looking forward to the Ekko Rv 24c and so this is a disappointment. To my knowledge, there is now no class c rv with twin beds and a slide out on the Ford transit chassis. There are several on the Sprinter but now there appears to be nothing on the Ford transit.
Both LTV and Regency have twin bed models and both have added a line on the Transit chassis. The LTV Transit version has the name Wonder while the LTV Sprinter version has the name Unity. Regency has its Ultra Brougham model that is now being produced on the Transit chassis and as I understand it the company will sell both models.

I assume both of them have moved to Transit because of the unavailability of the Sprinter models, perhaps due to the large Amazon order for their delivery vans.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:31 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
As for the C model, word is the prototype didn't meet their quality standards whatever that means.
I only know what I was told by the local sales guy about why the 24C was dropped, but he told me that the factory rep told him that the units were unable to be certified in all 50 states due to the final weight of the coach part of the RV. I guess that means that there was not enough weight difference between the dry coach and the carrying capacity of the chassis to pass the safety requirements.

That does not sound like a quality issue to me, although I would assume it depends upon how wide a range you give the term "quality", and I can only vouch for this being what I was told. Perhaps there is more to it than that, perhaps not.

As for Facebook, I don't have an account.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:03 AM   #23
Site Team

James and Steph from the FiT RV will no doubt post their video on YouTube as well as the Facebook group, Mike. So, you shouldn’t need a FB account to see the video.

James and Steph are long time Travoto owners with a YouTube channel and are partially sponsored by WBGO. They are somewhat involved in the Ekko’s design and have quite a bit of experience with the pre-production unit that’s been making the rounds.