Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2024, 11:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Upsizing water pump on 2019 Adventurer 27N

Anyone replaced your factory water pump with a larger capacity one. I would like more water pressure but will this cause problems in plumbing or other?
Old 07-29-2024, 12:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

If it is only a slight increase in pressure you want, adjusting the existing may be an easy way to go.
I would first want to test what pressure you currently have and consider whether an increase is a good idea. Rv water lines are not as solid as house plumbing in many cases, partly due to lightweight but also due to the abuse things take going down the road.
I think this shows the water pump and pressure adjustment.
However the listing also mentions a 55PSI bypass that I am not familiar with using. It may imply that pressure is limited to that level?
That may need checking but for my use, I might not want to go higher than that for other reasons!
Click this snip for best view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	adjust.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	189485

Name:	bypass.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	189486

I might also assume the parts will have lower pressure by design as a way to help conserve water and holding tank space? Lower pressure tends to use less when we are dry camping. If more water in showers is wanted, perhaps check the shower head for restrictions to cut flow. They may look something like a faucet washer, just inside where the head screws onto the pipe.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 12:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Today most RV plumbing systems are tested @ 60psi or higher. Your mfgr. customer service can supply that information for your RV.
There is a relationship between pressure and flow-rate to keep in mind.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 07:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thx for the good info here. And where is the water pump on a 27N?
Old 07-29-2024, 08:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Water pump shows to be behnd the wet bay, maybe 2-4 feet?
I've seen them in handier looking places than that! But one problem with looking through walls like this drawing set does, is that we can't see if there are walls there to be in the way!
Maybe if lucky it is close enough to stick a little stubby phillips up and catch the screw head? Or do we have to take the metal plate out of the wet bay? I see a set of tank and line drains that are close by. Maybe if you can reach them the pump is workable? I like it better when they put in out in some compartment where we can get to it!

One thing I might add is that the adjustments I have tried are pretty sensitive and just a short turn like 1/8 turn may be far enough.
Sorry I've lost the info on which way to turn for more or less. Leaky memory bank?

Name:	pump.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	189490 Click image for larger version

Name:	pump2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	189491
Old 07-29-2024, 10:52 PM   #6
Site Team

I had a problem with my Shurflo 4008 OEM water pump so I figured I’d replace it and I might as well get a more powerful pump while I was at it. This didn’t work out for me so, in the end I fixed and reinstalled the 4008 pump and have been happy I did.

First, the new pump required new wiring to handle the 15 amps the new pump required. And then the new pump made a lot more noise. Not just the louder pump but the piping in the RV reacted every time that pump kicked on and off. Many times I tried to modify the plumbing around the pump to make things quieter but I always seemed to be chasing a moving target.

Finally, on one trip I just put the old pump back in and everything was better and quieter, too. My wife said it was a big improvement, as well.

Your experience may be totally different than mine, but I’m a fan of the OEM Shurflo now.
Old 07-29-2024, 11:21 PM   #7
Site Team

Hi Doug,
I still am very satisfied with the performance of my intelligent water pump controller:
Water Pump Variable Speed Controller for a 22M
Perhaps that might work for you too?
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 07-30-2024, 08:35 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb View Post
Thx for the good info here. And where is the water pump on a 27N?

Water pump is in the aft most compartment on the passenger side, just in front of the water heater.
Old 07-30-2024, 12:47 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyocamper View Post
Water pump is in the aft most compartment on the passenger side, just in front of the water heater.
This would appear to be the correct info for the 2015 Vista 27N model but not shown to be true on the 2019 Adventruer 27N model!
Four years difference in age and differwent lineup makes it a totally different layout!

Name:	pu.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	189499
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pump.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	189500  
Old 07-31-2024, 08:20 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
This would appear to be the correct info for the 2015 Vista 27N model but not shown to be true on the 2019 Adventruer 27N model!
Four years difference in age and differwent lineup makes it a totally different layout!
Attachment 189499

While this is indeed accurate, the OP's question was "And where is the water pump on a 27N?" and not specifically where is on a 2019 27N, so I stand by my reply.

Tags
water, water pump, vent, adventurer