Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-19-2024, 07:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago quality - Micro Minnie 2108FBS

We bought a micro mini winnie 2108 fbs September of 22 brand new. Stayed in it overnight at the dealership and had a water leak under kitchen sink, the refrigerator door top plastic cover and awning wiring cover come off. The dealership fixed them. One week later after driving camper 149 miles, put the black water flush on the water port and turned on. Water was instantly coming out of the bottom of the camper. Took off port and tightened it. No more leak. Front inside speaker motor working, loose pin. Hwt stopped heating up in one month after purchase, fixed it. Three months, leak in slideout. Dealer had to fix leak and damaged wood. Drawer is under stove came off track. Stove handle lights quit working. Six months, 12 v battery def. Nine months, seal around main window coming off. One year-squeaky awning, bathroom door. 14 months, awning comes in at a snails pace on 110v. Camper 12v system not working. Redo grounds on frame and exposed fuses on frame. 16 months-spray foam under camper missing and laminate backsplash coming off. Dinette table delaminated, manufacturer replaced. Water leaks under sink from hot water hose and 12v pump. Manufacturer sent us new pump. 20 months-Front jack stopped working, exposed 30a fuse on frame. Corroded. Bought new one and relocated. All kinds of other little problems. This is mostly a Winnebago problem, not the manufacturer of the components. Sub par manufacturing.
worc1359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 07:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

On another note, most rv dealers are ( fill in the blank)!
worc1359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 01:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by worc1359 View Post
On another note, most rv dealers are ( fill in the blank)!
If I filled in that blank I would be banned from the forum.
Old 06-20-2024, 02:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by worc1359 View Post
We bought a micro mini winnie 2108 fbs September of 22 brand new. Stayed in it overnight at the dealership and had a water leak under kitchen sink, the refrigerator door top plastic cover and awning wiring cover come off. The dealership fixed them. One week later after driving camper 149 miles, put the black water flush on the water port and turned on. Water was instantly coming out of the bottom of the camper. Took off port and tightened it. No more leak. Front inside speaker motor working, loose pin. Hwt stopped heating up in one month after purchase, fixed it. Three months, leak in slideout. Dealer had to fix leak and damaged wood. Drawer is under stove came off track. Stove handle lights quit working. Six months, 12 v battery def. Nine months, seal around main window coming off. One year-squeaky awning, bathroom door. 14 months, awning comes in at a snails pace on 110v. Camper 12v system not working. Redo grounds on frame and exposed fuses on frame. 16 months-spray foam under camper missing and laminate backsplash coming off. Dinette table delaminated, manufacturer replaced. Water leaks under sink from hot water hose and 12v pump. Manufacturer sent us new pump. 20 months-Front jack stopped working, exposed 30a fuse on frame. Corroded. Bought new one and relocated. All kinds of other little problems. This is mostly a Winnebago problem, not the manufacturer of the components. Sub par manufacturing.
In a society where profit, legitimate or not, is the only consideration there is no reason to regard the customer in a market of this type. Add to that "No Lemon Law", and you're lucky it doesn't fall apart on your way home from the dealer.

I have wondered for years if they don't know, or if they don't care.

Edit: If you're a shareholder and receive your dividend check, you're satisfied. But somewhere there is a young family whose vacation was ruined because of an inferior RV build - they are not satisfied.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

All of the same issues and more. Purchased my 2108 new in 05/22 and have been making the same repairs and more. Have not used the TT for almost a year now due to so many problems and the worry of what is going to go wrong next.

Looking into doing a major tear out and complete rebuild as it is that bad. Customer service and warranty just add to the pain.

There has got to be a special place in hell for the profiteers behind this sadness.

My prayers to all of those folks who find out their dreams and plans have bee taken from them.
Stillmovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 06:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I hear ya! Same here and I was a newbie and didn't think this would happen right out of the gate. Currently looking for a better built rig but even at double the cost it seems difficult.
Old 06-27-2024, 10:04 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We also bought a new '22 2108 FBS from a dealer we have had okay service from. (I think many/most? dealers are suffering from workforce issues.)
As for problems — when we picked ours up, when they demo'd the slide out, it got stuck and wouldn't move. Not good! So, they took it in the shop and replaced the rails and it's fine now. We also had a few problems, pretty small compared to yours, door lock wouldn't latch tight, outside spray nozzle had wrong quick connect on it, DVD player didn't work. They did address all these problems so we'll see. We did buy an extended warranty because we kind of anticipated some issues. An experienced RV friend warned about rigs built during Covid, and I think there's truth to that. But we got a killer price and got the warranty, so we're happy. Hopefully stays that way! Good luck with yours.
timfhodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 07:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
In a society where profit, legitimate or not, is the only consideration there is no reason to regard the customer in a market of this type. Add to that "No Lemon Law", and you're lucky it doesn't fall apart on your way home from the dealer.

I have wondered for years if they don't know, or if they don't care.

Edit: If you're a shareholder and receive your dividend check, you're satisfied. But somewhere there is a young family whose vacation was ruined because of an inferior RV build - they are not satisfied.
Some states DO have RV lemon laws, when it gets that serious, a lawyer should be consulted.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 11:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

My memory about build quality hasn’t soured to the point that my disdain for the poor quality of build was greater than my enjoyment of being out traveling with our 2108DS. It was a Covid unit that we purchased new in October 2021. There were a dozen non-trivial assembly screw ups that revealed themselves in the first year of ownership. But we never made a warranty claim because there was a four month wait for warranty repair at our local dealer. Fixed everything myself. But hey, I’m used to doing that. After 40 years of RVing, buying new and used, my second job after work was fixing our RV. IMHO Winnebago build is no better and no worse than any other mid-market brand. Up market brands that you will pay twice as much for are not a lot better. Only the fiberglass trailers seem to be put together well. News Flash: It ain’t gonna get better at Winnebago, or any other brand. [in my lifetime at least].

Tags
winnebago, quality