Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2024, 06:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Xantrex Freedom X Inverter issues 2022 EKKO

I am having an issue with my Xantrex Freedom X inverter after a recall repair was completed on my 2022 EKKO.

First, I often have to plug in to get my AC to turn on at all. If I just plug in for a minute and then unplug it turns on just fine.

Secondly and more importantly, after I run the AC for a short period of time, I get an 01 error code on my inverter monitor.
even though my batteries are at 90%+ from a charge standpoint.

Any idea what this could be? Could it be a loose connection on the batteries? Do I need to do a hard reset?

Can someone help me with this?
Gene Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 07:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

This communications stuff can be harder than it seems, so let me ask some questions to avoid some confusion?
When you mention AC, are you speaking of the power (alternating current?) or the air conditioner?

For running the air cond., I would not expect it to run if not plugged to shore power?
But if speaking of things like the outlets not working, that is another question!

If speaking of a problem with the air conditioner, I might first think of the batteries being down?
But I need more info on the question as I admit to being confused! You have a new one and they do often confuse me!
Sometimes I can explain the electronics part but miss what the RV was trying to do!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 08:30 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
For running the air cond., I would not expect it to run if not plugged to shore power?
Richard, the Ekko, like some other Winnebago models with Lithionics batteries is capable of running the A/C solely off of battery power for a period of time. Depending on the way the Ekko is optioned it can be equipped with one or two Lithionics 320 Amp Hour Batteries.

The RV can be optioned to have a dual alternator setup, a 3,200 watt generator or 640 amp hours of battery storage. It comes standard with one battery and the generator.
Old 09-13-2024, 08:40 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Grant View Post
Any idea what this could be? Could it be a loose connection on the batteries? Do I need to do a hard reset?

Can someone help me with this?
Gene, you might try asking your questions in the Lthionics assistance thread. A Lithionics employee monitors those questions and can offer direct help on such issues.

Here’s a link:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...es-366502.html

We have a few Ekko owners here that may be able to help you, as well. But we haven’t seen a ton of questions about the model.

I know there have seen inverter issues with the 2022 models due to its location under the shower drain pump. Perhaps that’s the recall you are mentioning.

Tags
inverter, xantrex