Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-21-2024, 06:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Greetings from Nebraska 2013 Minnie travel trailer

I recently purchased my first camper. Bought a 2013 Winnebago Minnie travel trailer. Retired 14 years ago and have the wandering lust.
Enjoy fishing and the outdoors. 74-year-old Army veteran. I am a widower.
As I have already done, i will be looking for tips from the experienced campers.
Roy
Big Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 06:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your travel trailer!
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 12:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Hello to you, sir!
I never know whether to mention it as it seems a bit of a bummer, but I might throw in how I like to get started on new projects!
There is always a bit of learning curve when we start new and RV are in that, for sure!

One thing that can help avoid the big disappointment on trips is if we can sort of look over the kit we have and try to foresee some points that may hit us when we are out and about and not at all prepped to deal with them!

Electrical problems are more common on Rv for a number of reasons. One is that corrosion is obvious to be more common as we drag it up and down the road in all kinds of weather.

I might suggest doing a quick look underneather the front of the trailer. Kind of like under the propane tanks on the frame?
We get a fair amount of questions on lots of the trailers as they have various breakers and connections under there!
Knowing if they are hidden in under there, might help save a trip plan if something goes wrong!
Just knowing if it is there is a good step to finding/fixing if/when needed!
Pushing a little button on a resettable breaker can do wonders if it's something you know is down there!

Enjoy the new trek but being aware of small points can help.
Easier to keep the powder dry if we know where they keep it?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 02:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the sound advice! I will shinny under there tomorrow and take a tour.
Roy
Big Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 04:26 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome!
Just a suggestion, before heading out on your big trip, take the travel trailer to a nearby campground for a short weekend shakedown trip.

Nothing will illustrate the things you need, the instructions you are missing and the stuff that does not work as expected than a shakedown camping trip.

This can really be a life saver for your big trip plans!

By the way, it's great you mentioned that you have a 2013 Minnie travel trailer because 1-decade previous the "Minnie" model name was applied to a Class C motorhome.

Winnebago doesn't make it easy with the way they use Mini, Minnie, Micro Minnie, Minnie Winnie and then jumble all of these terms up all willy nillie. So, take care when getting help, advice, parts or service to be sure folks know what RV you're speaking about.

Tags
travel