Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2023, 05:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello - 2022 View 24D

Brian and Shelly here.
We are 70+ y/o retirees, originally NW Iowa farm kids.
We love travel, and have managed to see parts of all 50 states, including maybe 2/3 of our National Parks.
Had a pop-up when kids were small, then a fifth wheel & diesel truck, then a used MH, then a huge share MH with oldest son & family, then a Jaco Mercedes class C, and now our 'last' camper, a Winnebago, 2022 24D.
I enjoy reading everyone's 'solutions' to problems that I hope we never have.
But I keep notes of your helpful ideas and help others if I feel confident.
-Brian
bbdubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 07:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Brian & Shelly,
Wow - that is a great lifetime's worth of experience you have with RVs! So since you have seen them all, and if you had to choose, what state is the best?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-06-2023, 08:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Hard to Choose

It is not really fair to say which state is best.
Every state has something special to offer.
I wouldn't want to live there, but Utah's National Parks are awesome, especially if you love red rocks! Our favorite in Utah is Bryce Canyon, so we're glad we named son #3, Bryce. Also see Antelope Canyon to the south.
For years I wanted to see Yosemite, so we planned our trip to arrive there the third week of April, when the waterfalls would be close to peak. We attended Easter services at the chapel, the oldest structure. It was so crowded that you couldn't get on the free shuttles, so we rented bikes and rode to various hike entrances. Later in the week the Merced overflowed into the meadow and allowed waterfall pictures that were also reflected, so I literally teared up taking some pictures.
Going to the Sun Highway in Glacier NP is a must-see, Mt Ranier NP is so beautiful, Olympic NP and the Washington coast were awesome.
The Oregon coast is ruggedly beautiful, and it snowed the night before we went to Crater Lake - made it super-scenic!
I love waterfalls, so anyplace in the US that has them makes my go-to list.
You have to see Yellowstone NP and The Tetons if you haven't. The Grand Canyon is mostly visited from the south rim, but I really enjoyed the north rim.
Our #2 son and family have just moved to Lake Tahoe. We have been there before, but will now be returning every fall to see our grandchildren there. It is one of the most beautiful places in the US.
We love the history of the Eastern US, and the towns are 'cozier' than the wide open stretches out West. Everything is closer together in the East, so you can see more places with shorter drives. The Gulf coast beaches are gorgeous, and the Atlantic coast history is awesome. Our next 'big' trip will be to the extreme NE states to enjoy the fall leaves up there.
What a varied and beautiful country we live in! I consider it a miracle that this farm boy and girl had the opportunity to sample so many pieces of it!
bbdubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 09:51 PM   #4
Site Team

What a wonderful description of why RV-ing in the USA is a thing of beauty. Yes, I would have to say you are giving me great ideas here. I have lived in Washington for almost my entire life, but I haven't seen nearly as much of the rest of the country as I would like. We have many blessings for which to be thankful.
My grandmother wrote our State Song, Washington My Home. I think the lyrics make even more sense to me now.
Again, welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Helen_Washington_My_Home.pdf

Tags
view