Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2024, 05:44 PM   #1
Winnebago LeSharo owner

Hello all 1990 Winnebago LeSharo

I am new to this site and obviously not to savy.
I am a single gal 63. Bought a 1990 winnebago LeSjaro woth the renault engine. It disnt come with any manuals so trying to figure it out on my own. It had been sitting a while and I want to know what I should be doing to get her road worthy as in fluids being changed etc. any help you all can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Susanswt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 10:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Susanswt1,
We have prior threads on the LeSharo here in this forum, some of which you might like to review. Here is the general Owner's Manual for all 1990 Winnebagos, and the 1990 LeSharo Brochure.
For how long has it been sitting? Are the lead-acid batteries still good?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 06-29-2024, 01:45 AM   #3
Winnebago LeSharo owner

Thank you

Hello Eagle 5. Thank you so much for the sends. I had to buy 2 marine batteries for her and he told me shes been sitting for 3 years.
So kind of you to reach out. Thanks again,
Susanswt1
Old 06-29-2024, 09:37 AM   #4
Site Team

Good morning Susanswt1,
You might also want to do the usual things; engine oil change, engine coolant flush & replace with Universal coolant, fresh tank sterilization, replace tires if over ten years old, etc.
Eagle5
Old 06-29-2024, 10:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

New folks are always the easier ones to help, so WELCOME!
We were all new at one point, so no big thing there.

One of the bigger things that may shock a new owner is the way we have to look at them as sometimes two different items. One is the truck/car part that we would find on most any of those. The second is the RV/coach part which Winnebago adds on top of the other!
So the shock can come when we need parts or service for one or the other. The RV may be a year newer than the chassis!
So you may have 1990 RV but if you needs brakes, engine parts, etc. they may need to be 1989!
So we gotta know EXACTLY which we need and they put a label somewhere near the driver's left side in most cases to help. That label is described in the owners manual and it is good to use the manual and take a good look to see some details of what you have. VIN number is auto, serial number is for the RV!
It can save all kinds of drama when you need something if you can tell FOR SURE what it's for!
There can be lots of GREEK there but getting the basics, one part at a time will help.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-29 110459.png
Views:	19
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	189301
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 03:12 PM   #6
Winnebago LeSharo owner

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Good morning Susanswt1,
You might also want to do the usual things; engine oil change, engine coolant flush & replace with Universal coolant, fresh tank sterilization, replace tires if over ten years old, etc.
Eagle5
Thank you so much. My dinette seat seems to be stuck in the up postion. Any ideas on how I can get it down. Fought with it and have to say the seat definitely won! LOL
Also what would you recommend as far as the batteries, if its going to sit awhile should I disconnect them or get one of those chargers that are supposed to keep the batteries good? Those guys were expensive.
I do appreciate your help.
Thank you!
Susanswt1
Old 06-30-2024, 12:04 AM   #7
Site Team

Hi Susanswt1,
With regard to your dinette, as I look at the brochure, it does not appear that your dinette seats would recline; rather, you lift-off the table, remove the post, place the table between the benches, and place the backrest cushions on top of the now-lowered dinette table.
I recommend back-feeding your coach motor-start battery through a cigarette lighter port with an automatic maintenance charger. I also soldered-in a Cigarette Lighter Plug to facilitate this, and then just plug-into one of your 120 VAC outlets inside the motorhome. You could also buy a second charger and just clip it onto your house battery terminals to keep it well charged. Each charger does come with the battery terminal clips.
Eagle5

Name:	71oulu3eNiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	189304

Name:	81GReSDQzFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	189305
Old 06-30-2024, 02:17 PM   #8
Winnebago LeSharo owner

Thanks again

Hello Eagle 5
Actually this dinette the seat on each side folds and together make the bed and table just stores beneath. Im thinking maybe the one side got bent some how as the other slides easily.
Thank you on the batteries. I actually had just purchased a charger that I believe will maintain, just need to purchase accesories.
Ive been watching many you tube videos on sealing the roof. Gel coats etc.
so much work for lil ole me to do.
Is it hard to find tires for this rig?
Seems the more I watch/ read the more confused it gets me.
Haha story of my life.
I just want to make sure everything works, and its going to get me there and back.
Old 06-30-2024, 04:32 PM   #9
Site Team

Susan, I don't know if you downloaded that Operator's Manual that Eagle5 linked to above. But in Section 9-1 there are instructions for making the leg fold up. Here is a screen shot of those instructions:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1990 Table Bed.png
Views:	14
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	189306  
Old 07-19-2024, 10:11 AM   #10
Winnebago LeSharo owner

Hi There
I have no clue how you post a question on here. Im a bit illeterate when it comes to this site.
Was reading on cleaning fiberglass rv and it states remove black streak which I did. Then wash- done.
Then it says to apply Methyl ethyl ketone Mek from the top down.
Was planning to purchase today. My question is; do i leave that on it. As the next step the article lists is hand waxing. If you or anyone can help Id sure appreciate it. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2024, 10:57 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Use care with the MEK!
Not to be a worry wart and too picky but do read up some on MEK if not used to it as it is one of those things that scare me a bit if I'm not familiar with all the questions?
It is a strong enough item that there are alterantes that are sometimes suggested.
Old 07-19-2024, 11:43 AM   #12
Site Team

I don’t know where it says to do that. But I’d say DON’T!
Old 07-19-2024, 12:42 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Sometimes the info we get is from a source which is really tooo concerned with getting a great job done?
I tend to be somewhat less than great at the car care and appearance things! A good wash and then a wax is often "good enough" for me. You already got extra bonus points if you got the black streaks off!

When I read about protection for skin and avoiding breathing fumes, I tend to ask if I REALLY need that "pro" stuff. My skin is kind of beat, battered and a mess but I like it just fine!
Old 07-19-2024, 02:49 PM   #14
Winnebago LeSharo owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Use care with the MEK!
Not to be a worry wart and too picky but do read up some on MEK if not used to it as it is one of those things that scare me a bit if I'm not familiar with all the questions?
It is a strong enough item that there are alterantes that are sometimes suggested.
Thank you! Thats why I have been researching it the best I can. Did find out that it works great for removing the silicone sealant to replace and thats on my to do list. Ill ask at west marine if it should be washed off after use when I go there to pick it up. I will wear a respirator and gloves to put it on as well.
Old 07-19-2024, 05:09 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Put it over into things we should know before trying?
Like before taking that first stiff drink? Somebody should warn us to take it slow!

Tags
winnebago