Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello fellow adventurers - 2025 Minnie 2529RG

Just bought a 2025 2529RG and am curious what you recommend for internet. The unit comes with a Wi-Fi prep integrated into King® Omni Antenna.

Thanks in advance.
jayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings jayobx,
On my Minnie Winnie, my round roof-top antenna is just for broadcast TV. It sounds like the new King® Omni antennas will boost a campsite's local WiFi; is that correct? Sounds like a nice feature.
I personally use this device for when I do not have access to campground WiFi:
Patriot Mobile Hotspot Puck
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Click image for larger version

Name:	812BMQOeE5L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	189956
Old Today, 07:10 AM   #3
Site Team

Actually, the “Internet Prep” is kind of a sales gimmick that’s been going for a few years now.

Your King® Omni antenna antenna is for OTA TV, but King also sells various mobile internet devices that you can add on separately. These devices are not terrible but they are not the best either. King has simply arranged to be featured on various Winnebago RVs (in other words, paid a fee to promote their addon products).

Here’s the thing, mobile internet solutions are dependent on your needs and your budget. There is no one answer for all RVers. I would guess if you ask ten people you’d get ten answers. king is just hoping the Internet Prep sticker will get you to simply buy their products and not shop around.

How do you plan to use internet in your RV? A little or a lot? Do you need it for work on the road? Do you want to stream TV and video on the road? Are you looking to spend as little as possible or is it so vital that your budget is more significant?

Since we don’t know these answers the best thing is for you to do your own research on the topic. It is unlikely that what anyone of us is doing will suit your needs.

The best place to get this information is from the Mobile Internet Resource Center website at www.rvmobileinternet.com. They don’t sell any products just test and review mobile Internet solutions. The site has massive amounts of the most current information, videos, etc. it’s free to use but only up to a point. For the most in depth info you have to join for a yearly subscription. But even without that it’s a great place to learn the basic of all of this.

I know you want a simple “Do This” answer, but unfortunately it is not a simple subject with a simple answer.

Tags
vent, adventurer