Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-01-2024, 09:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello! New to me Itasca Sunstar 26HE

Good morning. I am eagerly waiting to take delivery of my 2013 Sunstar from the dealer after they fix a few small things. My research of the unit brought me here. It turns out the previous owner was very active in these forums. I am grateful for this community and am going through his posts to learn more about the coach. He took remarkable care of it and my wife and I are ecstatic we were able to scoop it up.

We look forward to local camping to start with and eventually some exploring outside the state. The last camper was a TT that I lived in part of the week while I worked out of the area. Our camping trips were greatly reduced the past six years. I’m now semi-retired and looking forward to getting back out there.

-Joe
AZ11fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 10:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

When switching from trailer to motorized, one big difference is the batteries and operation. Making sure to watch both chassis and coach to see that they are not running down while stored is one way to avoid the xpense of new batteries if we let them go too low and for too long!
The battery idsonnect switch can be a problem if we are not alert! It makes us feel we cut off all the battery drain when we store. WRONG! In most cases there are small drains like safety equipment on the coach and ridios presets and door locks , etc. left on the chassis battery.
Those small sneaky things can work to kiil batteries if we ignore them for a couple months!
If you plug the Rv in to store and think the converter will keep the batteries charged on the coach? Not true if you also flip the battery cutoff switch! That also disconnects the charge from the batteries!
Enjoy but stay alert and ask lots of questions as it is not something that is always clear!

None of us were born with an RV attached so we have to learn it the slow difficult way!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 03:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Richard. Something to think about for sure. I have covered storage with power, solar won’t help. Plugged in with the batteries on sounds like the ticket.
AZ11fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca