Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-03-2024, 07:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, New Owner with Outlook 22E Class C

Hi Everyone,
Happy and relieved to be here, as this is our first RV experience so everything is new to us. I will be back with questions, to be sure, but I wanted to introduce myself and my husband Lenny, and to encourage folks to offer tips that helped you when you started out, or that you wish you knew then :-) We also welcome tips on traveling with dogs. Our first big trip will happen in November when we travel from Western Washington state to the Southern California desert. Can anyone recommend a source for accessories like a "curtain" to place behind the cab for nighttime privacy? There are two snaps on each side of the panel behind the seats, so I'm hoping there is a piece I can buy to snap right on.
Many thanks!
Debbie
debmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2024, 09:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

So much to learn and little time to get there!
You are likely to find most never get it all down as it keeps changing! Like knowing how to make a phone call 20 years ago and what we do now?

But we may be able to point to some things to help?
One of the big ones to spot and try to figure is the power on motorhomes, as it is so different from home.
There are three different systems as I think of them. Thye are connected in some ways and times and disconnected at other times, so there is room for confusion.
And that confusion can cost us a new set of batteries if we don't sort some things to avoid letting them run down while stored! Batteries thant run down and stay down too long are damaged!

What I like to point out is that there are battery disconnect switches to disconnect things? The big secret is that they DO NOT disconnect all the lads tha can ruin a battery over time while stored! Safety items like propane and CO2 detectors are left on and possibly others, so keep alert and make sure both the start/chassis battery and the coach batteries are all getting some charging to keep them alive if you store for a month or more!
Second point on posting may help as you can get the best response when folks know the details of what RV you have! Info is filed by year, medl and floor plan in that order, so we know kind of which RV you have but not what year!

Lots of online info posted but we have to know which to find that info in many cases.

Winnebago home and under the "owners" tab for a list of all kinds of info from drawings to owners manuals!
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ds-367061.html

Welcome to the group!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 04:05 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmiller View Post
Hi Everyone,
Happy and relieved to be here, as this is our first RV experience so everything is new to us. I will be back with questions, to be sure, but I wanted to introduce myself and my husband Lenny, and to encourage folks to offer tips that helped you when you started out, or that you wish you knew then :-) We also welcome tips on traveling with dogs. Our first big trip will happen in November when we travel from Western Washington state to the Southern California desert. Can anyone recommend a source for accessories like a "curtain" to place behind the cab for nighttime privacy? There are two snaps on each side of the panel behind the seats, so I'm hoping there is a piece I can buy to snap right on.
Many thanks!
Debbie
Hi Deb. Congrats on your new adventure machine. We had a Minnie Winnie 22M, which is almost identical to your rig. We had a Winnebago supplied curtain that went across the windshield and the 2 front doors. That gave us all the privacy we needed, plus we could still access the front of the RV. It fastened with Velcro fasteners placed at the top of the windshield.

Hope you enjoy your new rig!!!
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 11:36 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi Debbie,
Both for privacy and for insulation, I like this front cab windshield and door window screen:
Mofeez RV Windshield Cover Compatible with Class C Ford 1997-2024, UV Block Offer Complete Privacy
This mounts on the outside of the cab, so the windows do not get nearly as much cold-weather condensation. With the 10% coupon, it is just $30.59.
I have a similar design solar screen too, but it does not provide privacy at night.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Click image for larger version

Name:	718XQ-0GvbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	189818

Tags
class c