Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2023, 08:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I'm New-Fressh water Drain 2019 Vista 29VE

Hello Everyone - looking for help. I have a 2019 Vista 29VE, I plan to sanitize the fresh water tank this weekend. Can anyone tell me if there is a drain for the tank and where it is located - Thanks
bmursch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 09:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Here's a link to the 2019 owners manuals, the info you need starts on page 7-11 of the Vista manual:

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...r-manuals/2019

Winnebago provides a ton of online resources, including plumbing and electrical diagrams, sealant callout sheets, parts catalogs etc:

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources

The parts catalog is a great resource for finding the locations of parts, including interactive 3-D visualization.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 09:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Yes. A good spot for finding things is here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

In your case there are two builds of that year, early if the 7th digit of serial number is one or late if 2 and it does make a huge difference in the valves.
Clcik these snips for better view!

Early build for tank drain.
Click image for larger version

Name:	drain valve.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	185591

But if you have late build (serial number 2?)
there are two sets of drains to use for the whole system.

Name:	late.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	185592
And

Name:	late-1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	185593

Life is in the details!

Now the big question is if they show up there??
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 09:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

As a note for a new user, it is easy to have left the valve for the suction tube in the wrong position! So if you leave it set to suck from a jug, it may just set and draw air and you have to close the valve so it has to suck from the tank!!

Good plan for when you do the winterize, is to always put the suction valve at the clear plastic tube back to the "normal" position. Just so you don't have to beat your memory to figure out the problem after several months of winter and forgetting!
Old 04-10-2023, 01:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I had this problem and the owners manual that came with my 2019 Sunstar VE was Wrong I remember some words got exchange with the Dealer because they all but called me an idiot. I was following the manual to a Tee and their very basic instructions but no drain. They even went to another Unit to prove my ignorance.

Mad as Hell I called WBGO who were saying the same thing. Didn't take them long to figure I had wrong owners manual for my serial number. They overnighted the new owners manual. They had redesigned in the newer version.

Turns out I have 2 sets of drain lines (red and blue) one in wet bay and the other under the sink in outdoor kitchen. You have to open all 4 valves. You won't see much but turn on the water pumps and it pumps out in like 5 minutes. I had the v2 of 2019

FWIW, I never used the Pink stuff, it has been 4 years
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 01:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

This is an example of why we need to make sure we are talking about the exact right RV when we look for info. These are both called 2019 Vista of the same model 29VE but there are two quite different builds, one early one late and how we need to wrok each is dramatically different from the other! The only obvious difference is the seventh digit in the serial number!
But when we want o work on them this section of the plumbing is very different.
Looking at the two owners manuals from the online listing shows some big difference for where we should find the valves.
The early build versus the later.

It might look like they built a bunch early and found the valves under the bed was not what they liked, so they changed things? Both are sold as 2019 Vista 29VE!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018 copy.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	185597   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 copy.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	185598  

Old 04-10-2023, 03:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
This is an example of why we need to make sure we are talking about the exact right RV when we look for info. These are both called 2019 Vista of the same model 29VE but there are two quite different builds, one early one late and how we need to wrok each is dramatically different from the other! The only obvious difference is the seventh digit in the serial number!
But when we want o work on them this section of the plumbing is very different.
Looking at the two owners manuals from the online listing shows some big difference for where we should find the valves.
The early build versus the later.

It might look like they built a bunch early and found the valves under the bed was not what they liked, so they changed things? Both are sold as 2019 Vista 29VE!
Exactly, I got lucky because every Vista / Sunstar 29ve I saw was always the 1st version. When we got Port St. Lucie to pickup we saw a numbers of changes and all were in our favor. I actually have both manuals for both versions. They actually sent me 2 of the newer v2 manual

The HDMI splitter wired to all TVs was another pleasant surprise. And then the MCD shades are just beyond awesome over the curtain. We also Sani Flush valve that I use all the time.

Have I ever said I love WBGO? Well I do....
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water