Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-25-2024, 01:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Insufficient A/C in 2023 Revel

Hello
I’m a new member with a brand new 2023 Revel. After purchase I was shocked to learn the cabin A/C can only run 2 hours on the lithium battery and solar roof panels. Essentially this RV must be plugged into shore power to run the A/C longer than two hours. I bought the camper to cross country and remote camp. It would be dangerous to take a nap in that camper during the day in temperatures over 60 degrees. Everyone has been taught to not leave dogs and children in cars during the summer. Winnebago has corrected this on the 2025 model but offer NO FIX OR SOLUTION FOR 2023-24 model years. This should qualify as a RECALL. WINNEBAGO COMPLETLY BLOWS ME OFF when asking if they an upgrade kit. Anyone want to join me in a class action against them. This is a dangerous camper for anyone not hooked up to shore power.
Gkiedaisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 02:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Dangerous to sleep in

Don’t sleep or nap on a summer day in a 2023- 24 Winnebago Revel with the lithium battery. The a
A/C will only run 2 hours unless you are plugged into shore power and you could die from heat exhaustion.
Winnebago know of the problem and has increased lithium batter power in their 2925 Revel model but have no solution to correct the problem for the 23-24 year models. This should be a mandatory recall with Winnebago retrofitting all the Revels. I didn’t buy a Revel to camp in RV Parks.
Gkiedaisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 03:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sorry!
Sounds like your expectations were not realistic. Nobody expects to run an air conditioner for very long on battery power alone! Just doesn't happen!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 06:58 PM   #4
Site Team

I agree with Richard. Your expectations are unrealistic. I get it that you desire to be able to run A/C non-stop on battery power. That's a common desire. Somehow, people get the impression that this is "normal." But a 20-min Google search should have told you otherwise.

And, your claim that it's dangerous? Sorry, that's not holding water. Especially at the 60-degress you are speaking off.

Without extensive and expensive modifications there are no RVs that can run the A/C off of batteries all day or all night. Mind you, a dealer my lie to you and claim that's the case. And, there are always one of two folks on forums and YouTube that swear they can do it. But they don't mention that it cost them over $10,000-$15,000 to even come close that that claim.