Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2024, 12:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New member- Furnace Issues 2021 Micro Minnie 2603BHS

Thank you for the add, We own a 2021 micro mini 2603 Bhs. Like a lot of you I am having trouble with the heater. Its that good old sail switch, lol. I'm wondering if I can by pass it ? or where is the best place to order a new one? Thank you for any help.
swelche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 01:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

One COULD bypass it but it comes with a pretty high loss of safety!
The purpose of the sail is to verify that there is good airflow through the furnace BEFORE the gas valve opens!
If we wired around the sail switch, it would never keep the gas valve from opening and that can be super BAD!
One case might be if the gas valve opens, the ignitor has failed and the RV is filled with gas because the blower did not start!
An RV full of gas and we get up to take a leak and turn the light on?
Or you smell something strange and turn on the light to check?

You'll not be needing breakfast!

So where to get one? That can depend on the switch you have as the switch itself is a very ordinary microswitch that can be found lots of places.
So the trick in the question may be how the sail part is put on the existing and how it might fit on the new replacement.
Tons of different types of sails, some will fit what you have and some may be able to tranfer the sail off the old to the new.
I don't try to hard to transfer but do look for sail of the matching size and shape!
Microswitch body is very easy to find. Getting one with a sail to match can be harder but often not very expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/rv-furnace-sa...ce+sail+switch
Two for $7? Or go to local?
But does the sail fit the space? All the sail does is press the little button when the air blows!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2024, 09:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
One COULD bypass it but it comes with a pretty high loss of safety!
Thank you
swelche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2024, 10:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I may have gotten way to involved in how to cheap out on the switch. There are actualy places that sell the OEM part that is sure to fit!

Sometimes my mind runs away somewhere?

If you want to avoid the question of fit, look at the furnace for brand and model. With that info it is likely you can find a supply of RV parts that has the switch on hand and they do a good job of taking some of the stress off us making decisions of that sort.
I have used this place and happy with them talking me through a problem:
https://www.etrailer.com/question-70...eu5crwoUcjMVyz

But lots of way to get things done!
Go play!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
new member, furnace, ace