Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2024, 01:36 PM   #1
63andfree

New Member: Minnie Winnie 25AR from Cruise America

Howdy:

I am a retired, divorced (May this year) ER nurse and got tired of fixing stuff in my house so I sold it and buying a 2020 25AR from Cruise America in Virginia next week near where my house was. I have read many pros and cons and went for it anyway and hope for the best. Plan to live in it and travel for 3-5 years here and overseas and settle into maybe a Boxabl or other tiny home in a fabulous destination like Destin or Austin or wherever.

Just a question, has anyone heard of the 25AR? Its not on the Winnebago brochure for 2020 models and only selling used from Cruise America, just curious and will call Winnebago for giggles to see if its a fleet thing. Also going to splurge and will be buying custom Sunbrella cushion covers in cabana stripe khaki/white with piping.

Would like to have an mini oven but read a bunch about it and not sure all that work is worth it.

Happy and safe trails out there, great to have found this forum
63andfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 02:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings 63andfree,
I just cannot imagine what your moniker means (ha-ha; not really).
I am guessing that the "AR" of 25AR means "American Rental," but if you find out from Winnebago otherwise, please let us know.
I have the floorplan of the 2020 25B below; is that about what you have? I suspect your AR is just a very specific selections of options.
If you ever do get the gas oven, you will need a pair of pizza stones to smooth-out the temperature hot-spots:
Perfect Pizza
I also recommend that you get these guards for your stove control knobs:
Suburban Gas Range Accidentally Turned-on
Have the best time on your travels, with sunshine on your face, and the wind at your back.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNTITLED2.gif
Views:	7
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	189915
Old 09-20-2024, 05:31 PM   #3
63andfree

Thanks for the tips, and thats exactly the floor plan. 63 and free is retirement, divorced in '96 btw. See you out there in the big open spaces, cant wait closing oct 8.
Old 09-20-2024, 05:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

We have looked at or used a few of the models that are built for the rental trade. what we see is kind of a joke with us and we have occasionally given them the name of ES!

We have dealt with rental property for a long time and that ES means "EXTRA STURDY" to us!
If a renter can't tear it up , it has to almost be bulletproof!

When you get hands on and may want to know more about things that you can't see, try looking at this interactive parts site:
https://catalog.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Doing a search for the layout may lead to finding the floorplan in a different model name? That may then let you look at all kinds of good stuff, like where the drains are found or where the inverter is hidden?
Look for a label next to the driver with lots of good info on what chassis , etc. as well as verify the year as the chassis may be a year older then the RV on the title!
You need to be sure of the year if you need chassis parts like brakes, etc. and it may be different than the RV!

Find owners manuals here:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...erator-manuals
It will take some looking but if you get hands on and compare it to the floorplans on the
Winnebago parts drawings, you are likely to spot a floorplan which matches but with some extra tough items built into fixtures.
Things like the plywood under the bed? You may find it is 3/4 instead of normal 1/2. It needs to be sturdy because large kids may be jumping on it!

There may be some things that you note like metal trim on some corners instead of the weaker, more damage prone thin wood.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 05:48 PM   #5
63andfree

morich-thanks very much for helpful info! Added the links to my docs, and good one ES for rental, its got like thick naugahide vinyl cushion covers lol.

Tags