Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-25-2024, 04:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Newbie trying to winterize Micro Minnie 1808FBS

Hi. I bought my 2019 Micro Minnie 1808FBS new a few years ago, but this is the first year I've had to winterize it and do various maintenance things myself. I've been looking online and on YouTube but not finding things specific to this model. For winterizing, I have questions and I'm grateful for help.

1. Is the freshwater storage tank drain the little plastic valve underneath, near the axle?
2. The generic manual says "open the drain petcocks on hot and cold pipes located in various locations depending on the model". Ummm... where are those on this model?
3. Where is the drain valve on the bottom of the hot water heater? Is that the little toggle thing you access through the exterior panel?
4. Where is the valve between the freshwater tank and the water pump that I'm supposed to open, and where is the other one where I'm supposed to siphon water into?

WHY don't they at least give you a diagram, or have one available online somewhere, that shows all this for each model? Or maybe they exist and I just can't find them.

Thank you for answers to what I know are super basic questions!

- w in Illinois
wclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2024, 02:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I do believe (could be wrong) that if you call winnebago they will send you plumbing and electrical diagrams for your specific camper.

You should have at least 3 tubes sticking out from the bottom. One for the fresh water the other two for hot and cold low point drains. Find those pipes you should find the open/close values. As for the exact location can not help.

Water heater, open up the outside cover so you can see the workings of the water heater. At the top will be a pressure relief valve and at the bottom will be a plug. The plug is a threaded either plastic or brass depending on your heater. I believe it takes a 15/16 or 7/8 socket to remove. You will want to unscrew the plug open a faucet to relieve the pressure and let the heater drain. Now would also be a good time to spray the inside of the heater. Any RV store or even walmart has a wand made for flushing out heater. Per the manual you may or may not have a water heater bypass valve. They did give picture of that being behind the heater itself.

I hope someone with close to your units comes on with more info. as to location.

https://winnebago.com/owners/owner-r...r-manuals/2019

Chapter 7 does explain what to do, but I agree they do not tell you where the items are. Again I would call Winnebago and get the diagrams if possible.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2024, 06:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you! That was really helpful. I found the drains and figured out from there where the valves were, and your description of the hot water heater pressure valve and drain was also really helpful. I finally found a YouTube video for a different model but close enough that I was able to deal with the bypass valve and figure out how to do the valves by the water pump and get antifreeze where it needs to go.

I will see about getting diagrams, as those would likely be helpful, especially as the Micro Minnie and I both age...things tend to need a little help eventually.

Thanks so much!!
wclark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, winter