Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum Admin | News | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-21-2024, 07:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Lost/missing posts?

Creative and I have talked about posts which seem to "disappear" at times?

I've thought I might be at fault at times or it was removed, but I just came across somebody else losing one of their posts that seems to involve a change being made?

On this post, I read two posts, now the first answer post by BE Happy, is gone!
If he were to look back in, he would find his post missing, if what I see is what he would see?

When first trying to respond, I got a note saying I had used invalid link. This showed up when first trying to move to advanced as a way to post a picture.
Can we assume there may have been some work being done as that problem cleared shortly but when going back to try again Be Happy had disappeared!

Just a heads up, not a complaint? Glitch or something?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 08:23 AM   #2
Site Team

It's not gone, it was just moved.

We had a new member that posted the exact same question in two separate threads. That's not good, nor do we permit it. But new people have to figure things out. So, that's why we're here.

So, first thing this morning I found the two threads, merged them into one thread keeping the thread with Be Happy's response as the main remaining thread.

When threads are moved, merged, changed it can take a long while for your brower's cache to realize it. So, after the threads got merged you went back to look for it, or to respond and you clicked on the link to go there but your browser is or was hanging on to the old location and now it can't find that.

As I've mentioned to you a number of times. We don't willy nillie delete posts. Things do get deleted but only for good reason. For instance that identical post from the new member's duplicate thread was deleted - because it asked the same question twice and after the thread merge they were Post #1 and Post #2 of the new combined thread.

There's nothing wrong with the forum or the software or the moderators.

You may not understand what's happened but just trust that we are pretty much on top of these things.

Here's the link to Be Happy's post that you think disappeared.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3956323
Old 08-21-2024, 08:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Good enough and you are correct in guessing that I miss a lot of points on the computer world!
I will go look for the new info
Thanks!
EDIT:
But where is my post now?
I had posted a snip of the owners manual listing the valve locations??
Old 08-21-2024, 08:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Okay, I see it still in the other post.
I'll go back to sleep now, as it must be too early!
Old 08-21-2024, 08:44 AM   #5
Site Team

Richard,
There are lots of functions here you may not be aware of.

Let's says you're looking for that Be Happy post and can't find it. All you have to do is use Advanced Search and fill out the "Search by User Name" and enter that username. You don't need to put anything in the "Search by Keyword" box. When you hit Search you'll see a listing of all of Be Happy's posts. Then you can find the one you're looking for - including the one that seems to be "missing."

Or, if you are in any thread and want to see other posts by any other poster in that thread you can click on his Username in that box on the far left (the official name of that box is the Postbit). A drop down will open you you'll see two options - Find all posts by and Find all threads started by. And when you select one of those that's what you'll get back in a list of threads or posts.

The thing to take from all of this, is that the forum is a dynamic changing thing. and when something happens that seems confusing there is 99% of the time a simple explanation just not one that's always apparent from the surface.

Hope this helps

PS. There is also a chance that one of us simply messed up and accidentally moved something into some lost netherworld. It happens. But we're not AI, just a couple of guys doing the best we can.